Author Topic: The Balaria Thread  (Read 68715 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: The Balaria Thread
« Reply #60: June 10, 2012, 06:14:38 PM »
Fantasy meets Steampunk? :o  ???  ;D

I can only hope it works out and the reason I'm giving for it is logical. The few initial responses I've gotten at least seemed excited about it :)

That being said, chapter 9 is out and provides some explanations along with new questions and mysteries.

The usual link: The Voyage of Elwar Soran – Part Two
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: June 17, 2012, 09:04:06 PM »
New chapter up as usual. Link the usual you can find in the message above.

Fury

« Reply #62: June 20, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »
I hope Steampunk machinery/philosophy/etc. plays a major role in the story and not just as flavour. This would be my first ever Steampunk story. I want it to make a good lasting impression.  8)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: June 24, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »
I hope Steampunk machinery/philosophy/etc. plays a major role in the story and not just as flavour. This would be my first ever Steampunk story. I want it to make a good lasting impression.  8)

Not sure how big a part any of those will be playing. Hopefully enough since there are a few things still to come. Never really read any Steampunk so not quite sure of it all :)

New chapter's out. Usual link for Part Two of the story for it.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: July 12, 2012, 06:49:58 PM »
Not sure how big a part any of those will be playing. Hopefully enough since there are a few things still to come. Never really read any Steampunk so not quite sure of it all :)

New chapter's out. Usual link for Part Two of the story for it.
Any updates on this?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: July 12, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »
Any updates on this?

Oh, right, forgot to update this thread.

First off, apologies for missing last weeks release(well, I suppose it's the week before last now). Needed to get ahead with the story a bit more since it’s looking like I’ll end up combining chapters 13 & 14 into a single, long chapter. As you read chapter 12 you can probably guess why as what’s coming feels like something you deserve to read in one go.

So, yeah, chapter 12 has been released. The link is the usual.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: July 15, 2012, 06:50:05 PM »
Chapter 13 is done. Like I said above, it's a combination of two chapters so it's pretty long(30 pages). Just didn't feel right to chop the thing up in two.

The link's the usual: The Voyage of Elwar Soran - Part Two

Chapter 14 will be the last chapter is part two. We can then start the final leg of the journey.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: July 22, 2012, 05:27:49 PM »
Aaaand..part two is done with chapter 14.

I have to admit I did not think it to turn into such a beast. Over 150 pages is a lot more than I expected for it to be. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it. And I hope you will keep on reading part three.

The complete part two of the story: here.

Part three starts next week. I hope :)

Fury

« Reply #68: July 23, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »

Just read the conclusion to part 2. Suitably melancholic. The best part is there's still more to come.  ;D

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: July 29, 2012, 05:15:10 PM »
Just read the conclusion to part 2. Suitably melancholic. The best part is there's still more to come.  ;D

And more is here with chapter 15  8)

The Voyage of Elwar Soran - Part Three

It's getting pretty crazy around the parts where I'm currently writing(2-3 chapters ahead)  ;D :-X

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: August 05, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »
I don’t really have much to say about this chapter. It makes the plot go forward and introduces some twists and turns.

What I can say is that chapter 19 will be the last chapter in this novel. I’m currently nearing the end of it so hopefully I’ll have finished writing this story by next weekend. Then it’s on to making the next project come to life :)

Anyway, link is the usual: The Voyage of Elwar Soran – Part Three

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: August 12, 2012, 05:18:17 PM »
Chapter 17 is here and starts the spiral to the exciting end of our journey. Even this chapter will shake the very foundations on which everything has been built. I hope you enjoy it.

Link is the usual: The Voyage of Elwar Soran – Part Three

In other news, I have started on the first pages of the next story. It’ll probably be a while before I start posting that since there are a lot of things I still need to work out for it. That and there are a few short stories I’ve had laying around for a long time and want to finish. But hey, there’s still two weeks worth of VoES left for you to enjoy :)

Zakilevo

« Reply #72: August 12, 2012, 09:27:20 PM »
Chapter 17 is here and starts the spiral to the exciting end of our journey. Even this chapter will shake the very foundations on which everything has been built. I hope you enjoy it.

Link is the usual: The Voyage of Elwar Soran – Part Three

In other news, I have started on the first pages of the next story. It’ll probably be a while before I start posting that since there are a lot of things I still need to work out for it. That and there are a few short stories I’ve had laying around for a long time and want to finish. But hey, there’s still two weeks worth of VoES left for you to enjoy :)

Epic job Mikko. Well done :)

Fury

« Reply #73: August 12, 2012, 11:39:51 PM »
Can't seem to picture the 'structure'. Maybe more description or a rough pic? All I'm getting is a sci-fi landing platform. :) Tie the fireborn by one leg and trail him along the bottom of the ship through the sky. That ought to change his attitude. ;)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: August 13, 2012, 12:29:23 AM »
Can't seem to picture the 'structure'. Maybe more description or a rough pic? All I'm getting is a sci-fi landing platform.

The next chapter has more about it, but I might edit in a bit more for this chapter as well.