Author Topic: What did we lose? What did we gain? 4th Inv aftermath  (Read 57233 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
A regret of Mesh will remain that we never got around to destroying Sint for their alliance with the Daimons. There was so many things to do after the 3rd invasion, hunt the Blood Cult, kill daimons, destroy Sint. Part of the varied focus at times came from different leaders elected.

Mesh did help destroy Vlaanderen whom we viewed as traitors to humanity for making a Daimon their God. I disagree that Mesh did little about the nests. We marched troops all the way to the islands to fight them and our actions provoked one of the few actions by the Daimons after the main invasion when the Daimons attacked us.

Our war with Enweil had to do with the Blood Cult, which Mesh viewed as evil and working with the Daimons. I know you and the rest of Enweil have a different view of why we were involved but thats the reason I remember discussed from having a character in the realm at that time.

You chose your "evils". You continuously fought alongside Sint, and betrayed the realm that founded you over a fringe religion having but a handful of followers in it (and even having greater numbers of followers and temples in other realms). Sint worshipped the invaders as gods, tried to summon their "destroyer" god, and unleashed their armies against the other realms of the continent. The Blood Cult did...

Yet it was the greater evil? No, the Blood Cult was a pretext. There were a *lot* of clues that were picked up that Mesh would eventually betray Enweil, it came as a surprise only to those too blinded by the memories of the old days.

Basically all realms engaged in long walks to fight the daimons. Rio did, Enweil did, all according to their abilities and opportunities. Considering this, Mesh did not do any more than anyone else. Hell, considering they had much greater opportunity and capacity to act, they did considerably less than many.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron