Author Topic: What did we lose? What did we gain? 4th Inv aftermath  (Read 56995 times)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
lol, I asked once. Basically we'd combust to ashes.

Are you basing that on something Prudent's player said? Anything Prudent said should be considered non-canon to the invasion, or to have been signs of the character's insanity.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

songqu88@gmail.com

Cimmerian.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Definitely a more reliable sources.

Anyway, didn't the messages you got when trying to move into the Blight make it clear that if you didn't turn back, you's die? I think that applied to the blight from all three sources, too. Before you could manage to mount an expedition into the blight, you'd need to find some way to combat those effects.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
I was talking about after the Blight had gone.

songqu88@gmail.com

If ever. Come to think of it, anyone here played Okami? It is indeed relevant to this talk of Blight!

Besides, the Blight is all generic now. The daimons have disappeared to their world, the monsters have gone back to their lands or perhaps integrated with the wild beasts, and the undead have returned unto death, for the most part. At least, the leaders are all gone, and no daimons remain on Beluaterra.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Quite. It's basically like saying that my protestant neighbor is clearly a pedophile, because there were many reports of pedophile catholic priests, and Catholicism and protestantism are both christian, and that he's part of one of these.

It's quite absurd. You need to really be weak-minded and short-sighted to think this... The Blood Cult was the most independent faith of its times

I think you're the one missing the point a little bit. That's your own insiders perspective. Iltaran's touched upon the truth of things, but let me expand. Most Beluaterran outsiders see/saw the Blood Cult as an influential faction in Enweil. This was helped very much by the actions of Mesh. Indeed, when I actually got one of my characters to Mesh and became ruler there, I was totally unprepared for the strength of feeling on the matter. They hated the Cult.

I'm not disputing that the Blood Cult was powerful/well spread/influential etc. But over a period of years Mesh and others very successfully smeared the Blood Cult. The Blood Cult itself did little to help it's cause. Consider things like founding a theocracy in Athol Margos during an Enweilian campaign in Riombara. Plenty linked the Cult and Enweil together.

You mentioned Fronen, but they don't/didn't really have any strong personalities at all. The Blood Cult might have been active there, but you didn't hear about it or come across any of it. When there was the big Grehk/Fronen war Mesh was moaning about Cultists there but no-one cared as you hardly knew they existed. No-one listened because to most minds, the Cult was already one with Enweil.

It's always been the House of Chenier whose name has been in various states of repute/disrepute as a Cultist throughout Beluaterra. And where has the House of Chenier been active most in Beluaterra? For how long has a Chenier been either General/Ruler of Enweil? In that sense, it's always come across very strongly that the Cult has a big power base in Enweil and that Enweil happily supports Cultists.

You can say what you want, but my Beluaterra char has definitely spent the last four years or so associating the Blood Cult most strongly with Enweil.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I was talking about after the Blight had gone.
The blight is an extension of the actual invaders' homes. i.e. the "blight" was assuming the metaphysical properties of a completely different plane of existence. Even if the blight ever lifts, the invaders' home planes would remain inimical to human life. Entering such a place unprotected would still result in your immediate death. As I said, if you wanted to "invade the invaders" you would have to find some way to stay alive in such a hostile environment.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
The blight is an extension of the actual invaders' homes. i.e. the "blight" was assuming the metaphysical properties of a completely different plane of existence. Even if the blight ever lifts, the invaders' home planes would remain inimical to human life. Entering such a place unprotected would still result in your immediate death. As I said, if you wanted to "invade the invaders" you would have to find some way to stay alive in such a hostile environment.

I don't think there is, but who knows.
Many stuff has been proven not to work.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Isn't that rather disingenuous? If that's your reasoning, you might as well say the monsters, undead, and daimons were all the same thing because they had ties to one another, which is clearly complete crap.

not when the mentioned acted together to laid waste to a number of regions. hatred is not necessarily rational.

it's not like you don't see that kind of prejudice happening irl.
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I think you're the one missing the point a little bit. That's your own insiders perspective. Iltaran's touched upon the truth of things, but let me expand. Most Beluaterran outsiders see/saw the Blood Cult as an influential faction in Enweil. This was helped very much by the actions of Mesh. Indeed, when I actually got one of my characters to Mesh and became ruler there, I was totally unprepared for the strength of feeling on the matter. They hated the Cult.

I'm not disputing that the Blood Cult was powerful/well spread/influential etc. But over a period of years Mesh and others very successfully smeared the Blood Cult. The Blood Cult itself did little to help it's cause. Consider things like founding a theocracy in Athol Margos during an Enweilian campaign in Riombara. Plenty linked the Cult and Enweil together.

You mentioned Fronen, but they don't/didn't really have any strong personalities at all. The Blood Cult might have been active there, but you didn't hear about it or come across any of it. When there was the big Grehk/Fronen war Mesh was moaning about Cultists there but no-one cared as you hardly knew they existed. No-one listened because to most minds, the Cult was already one with Enweil.

It's always been the House of Chenier whose name has been in various states of repute/disrepute as a Cultist throughout Beluaterra. And where has the House of Chenier been active most in Beluaterra? For how long has a Chenier been either General/Ruler of Enweil? In that sense, it's always come across very strongly that the Cult has a big power base in Enweil and that Enweil happily supports Cultists.

You can say what you want, but my Beluaterra char has definitely spent the last four years or so associating the Blood Cult most strongly with Enweil.

I'd bring a few nuances to the interesting points you bring forth.

First, the cultists in Enweil wanted you to hate Enweil. Secondly, many who hated Enweil wanted you to hate the Cult. It's a conflict (factions of) both parties wanted. In the end, before the invasion, the Blood Cult had managed to sway the whole continent into a huge multi-front war, which basically consisted of the anti-cult realms (and their friends) and those more tolerant or supportive of the Cult. And this was done because it was considered that the second faction was stronger, and that so after a long and destructive war, the anti-cult factions would be decimated. It wasn't a lopsided conflict, but the conflict on most fronts was either favorable to us or in a stalemate, so it was calculated that those who win their wars could then be re-directed at tie-breakers on other fronts.

That's why Fronen didn't show up in the debate as much. Their government was much less vocally militant, but for the greater part of the Cult's history, that's where all the elders were concentrated. When the Cultist priests tore down the Republic of Fwuvoghor near the end, most of them were based in Fronen, knowing full well that RoF could not afford to declare war on Fronen (as it would give an excuse for its military to come in) and that therefore they could operate with impunity. If you read up the Cult's RP archives, you'll see most of the radical stuff is from Fronenites. Or mostly everyone other than Enweilians, who were generally rather tame.

And the Athol Margos colony was actually established by the prophet who had, until then, lived in Melhed for a very long time. It was a secession from Melhed, and maintained awkward links with it for the duration of its short life. Really, the Blood Cult in Enweil was just 1 noble for the longest time. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron