Author Topic: What did we lose? What did we gain? 4th Inv aftermath  (Read 57128 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
There was something about how humans would have to learn how to combine the powers of the Light to prevent the NPCs from getting reinforcements. Anyone ever figure out how to do that? I suppose since Creasur's temple lost its enchantment the point became moot.

Actually, I think that happened and is the reason the invaders had to leave.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
There were these Archons (Not sure what their name was?) that weakened the Invasion Forces and the Light. The Invasion Forces had to do something with them (Capture? Get them to a certain region?) in order for them to stop getting weakened (Or something like that). No Force managed to capture their Archon and the Monsters didn't even seem to have tried, as Power was chilling out in Rines for a long time. The Monsters were the first faction to be defeated too. I do believe the Daimons tried, as I believe they requested Enweil's help (But I bet the Daimons didn't fully trust them anyway), but Enweil will have better knowledge of how and what happened there. No clue about the Undead, they mostly stayed up North away from us.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
There were these Archons (Not sure what their name was?) that weakened the Invasion Forces and the Light. The Invasion Forces had to do something with them (Capture? Get them to a certain region?) in order for them to stop getting weakened (Or something like that). No Force managed to capture their Archon and the Monsters didn't even seem to have tried, as Power was chilling out in Rines for a long time. The Monsters were the first faction to be defeated too. I do believe the Daimons tried, as I believe they requested Enweil's help (But I bet the Daimons didn't fully trust them anyway), but Enweil will have better knowledge of how and what happened there. No clue about the Undead, they mostly stayed up North away from us.

Right, I was forgetting about those. They popped and disappeared without us being able to do or think much about them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

The fun part is that I saw the Archon in Creasur but I had no daimon unit at the time. Boohoo oh well.

I don't think the "Unite the Light" had anything to do with the "Protect the Archons" though.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Mysteries, mysteries... quite a bit of what was planned didn't go as planned. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

That's a given whenever input is allowed from independent agents capable of free will. Aka player interaction. The player will always manage to throw a wrench in the plans.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Hehe, sometimes it's a cannonball, and sometimes it's a needle.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Unlike some others, the Blood Cult did *not* want the continent to fall to any of the factions, and preffered to make them fight each other whenever possible. The Cult had grand ambitions, and the daimons taking everything over would have ruined that. Cultists were hardly the greater evil around.

Except for the Xerotl sect, that is. Our stance didn't change much from the third to the fourth...

Yeah, until Valachi decided to badmouth Sherilynn. Then the Blood Cult pretty much got slaughtered. Valachi Stefanovic obviously was executed. Vistuvis Adriddae was fed to minor daemons, Malfurion Stormrage, am I missing anyone?

Valachi had always viewed himself as an "avatar" of his god, and in the dogma of Xerotl's sect, Xerotl was a god who guarded the border between chaos and order. His rulership of the Netherworld was an attempt to prevent the sleeping beast from stirring. That is, to protect Man. Fun character.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Mysteries, mysteries... quite a bit of what was planned didn't go as planned. ;)

What 'exactly', didn't go as planned?  ;)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
What 'exactly', didn't go as planned?  ;)

Well, you see, there are still *people* on Beluaterra, haha. :P

songqu88@gmail.com

And I didn't even get to hug Cimmerian goodbye  :P On second thought, Seer would be a wiser choice. Meh. Go go humans!  8)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Meh, go go invaders. :P

songqu88@gmail.com

Well, the humans kinda "won", so...yeah.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Well, the humans kinda "won", so...yeah.

Well, "won" has a variety of ways it can be interpreted.  You probably mean humans won because they survived, but I think that the invaders did a lot more damage than they should have, and so if that was their goal they did a pretty good job. ;)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Well, "won" has a variety of ways it can be interpreted.  You probably mean humans won because they survived, but I think that the invaders did a lot more damage than they should have, and so if that was their goal they did a pretty good job. ;)

Perhaps 'Humanity didn't lose' is closer to it, yes.