Author Topic: Control/Death or Create/Mind?  (Read 9443 times)

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Control/Death or Create/Mind?
« Reply #15: October 21, 2011, 10:36:35 PM »
Open minded thinking is where the fun comes in... guided by the limits set in the game... but designed to be a fun story.  Lets not restrict it too much with rules designed only to restrict.

I'm not trying to limit anything.  By the rulings coming out from Tom and the GMs, the pairings are fairly restrictive and I was looking at a way to expand them.  I know what the rules say, but I don't know that the playerbase/GMs are on the same page for what constitutes how the pairings work.

Or perhaps the struggle lies more in using a fully flexible and open system to then have a hard-and-fast defined spell created from said system.  I may have missed/forgotten this from early early discussions, but what's the reasoning for having boxy, pre-defined spells instead of letting the caster pair Intent/Base on the fly to do whatever they'd like to do?  I guess maybe I'm looking more seriously at Spontaneous casting.  If the system is built the right way, Spontaneous would be loads more fun/flexible/useful and could very easily do away with the need for spell lists altogether (and the need to sort through/approve them).