Author Topic: If all the continents merged?  (Read 16396 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
If all the continents merged?
« Topic Start: September 20, 2011, 08:38:59 AM »
I'm not proposing this, but posing a hypothetical. What if all the Continents were put on one map with existing realm with nobles in place with some shortish travel time in between continents and lastly a way for armies to travel further for longer.

I am mostly curious if realms on the same continent would band together to fight other ones, or if realms would try to find new allies from the other continents. I think realms would generally stick together with their continent mates at first until everything just felt like one map.

Zakilevo

Re: If all the continents merged?
« Reply #1: September 20, 2011, 08:55:58 AM »
Well that would be super chaotic. Dwilight might be conquered for good. Or if BT gets invaded again, other realms can help stop that even.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: September 20, 2011, 09:07:24 AM »
Hypothetically - there is a reason I seperated the game worlds even though it is a lot more work on the coding end. Having just one game world would have been a lot easier.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: September 20, 2011, 10:07:18 AM »
I actually like having separate worlds. It might have felt weird to have all those realms together. It would have been tough if some random realms landed behind Sirion while it was already fighting 5v1.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 20, 2011, 10:41:27 AM »
I'm not proposing this, but posing a hypothetical.

Hypothetically, I'd probably end up leaving. Dwilight and (kinda) the Far East are RP islands and that's where my two favourite characters are. Forcing everyone into one island will stop the RP atmosphere for those who don't stick to it and I'd be peed off :)

However, if the RP atmosphere stayed, I think someone would try to conquer the world (Lukon seems like the realm to want that). You probably won't see as many continent-wide federations as you might expect, but probably neighbouring continents would align - e.g. If I can move from Ohnar West to Madina on one route, they'd probably become allies. Wars would be bigger and last longer, probably permanent wars between some blocs.

Overall, I don't think much would change.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 20, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »
i don't think it would be impossible to basically keep things as they are functionally, but have everything on the same map. (ie.. no marching army across continent, no diplomatic stuff, etc.)

the only thing that would be useful to come out of that is cross continent religions.
firefox

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 20, 2011, 11:35:07 AM »
Actually, it would be nice if some sort of world map was created. Not with any in-game effects, but simply to have a more global view of Battlemasterra.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 20, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
Actually, it would be nice if some sort of world map was created. Not with any in-game effects, but simply to have a more global view of Battlemasterra.

QFT.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 20, 2011, 01:34:00 PM »

World map? Surely you need look no further than on the coaster by your computer and that mug that sits upon it (hasn't everyone got one of these?)

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/trademaster.42416628#
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 20, 2011, 02:28:37 PM »
World map? Surely you need look no further than on the coaster by your computer and that mug that sits upon it (hasn't everyone got one of these?)

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/trademaster.42416628#
Wow :) A version with the same resolution as the Dynamic maps would be nice, though :)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 22, 2011, 08:05:39 PM »
Oooooh... Lukon would have things to kill!

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 22, 2011, 09:02:34 PM »
Lukon's Armies only move once a day though :P

egamma

« Reply #12: October 22, 2011, 09:03:30 PM »
And...their 10k army would no longer be the biggest around.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: October 24, 2011, 04:51:22 AM »
For my money the big military powerhouse would be an SA/Adgharian Pact as they would take about 30 seconds to come to some sort of agreement.  The colonies probably have the best pure politicians so...Outer Tilog FTW.

egamma

« Reply #14: October 24, 2011, 07:55:56 PM »
For my money the big military powerhouse would be an SA/Adgharian Pact as they would take about 30 seconds to come to some sort of agreement.  The colonies probably have the best pure politicians so...Outer Tilog FTW.

You're nuts. the Order of the Hawk (Arcaea, etc) would destroy Outer Tilog in 3 seconds.