Author Topic: Spells categories feedback  (Read 12857 times)

Zane

• Knight
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
Re: Spells categories feedback
« Reply #30: September 30, 2011, 12:35:34 AM »
Also, that unless shifts are involved, it will mostly do what you wanted it to, at least it can't do something entirely different (as with the captain example).

Don't you always have at least one shift with spontaneous magic? 

When a spell discharges into something else - like it did for Zuno with the mind bullets - is that basically shifting points from the primary discharge into the secondary?  As in a 2-2-2 with 3 shifts could produce two 1-1-1 discharges?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: September 30, 2011, 01:19:34 AM »

Nope, read my latest RP in the test thread. I managed to get a spontaneous spell with no shifts. It was only PL4 though, once I bumped it to 5 it had a shift.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #32: September 30, 2011, 04:14:48 PM »

When a spell discharges into something else - like it did for Zuno with the mind bullets - is that basically shifting points from the primary discharge into the secondary?  As in a 2-2-2 with 3 shifts could produce two 1-1-1 discharges?

http://lemuria.org/SM3/welcome/free

shifts are within the spell details - the sum stays the same. So a 2-2-2 spell with 1 shift could become a 1-3-2, 1-2-3, 3-1-2, 3-2-1, 2-1-3 or 2-3-1 spell. Intent and Base always stay unchanged. However, instead of shifting inside the spell, or discharging into something with a PL of the number of shifts.