Author Topic: Test Run  (Read 9524 times)

Zane

• Knight
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
Re: Test Run
« Reply #15: September 15, 2011, 11:58:51 PM »
Is anyone else actually accruing energy?  I see my free XP increasing, but my energy hasn't changed in more than 18 hours.

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: September 16, 2011, 12:22:48 AM »
Yeah. Energy didn't change. EXP however increases 1 per hour. Will we be getting more EXP later or will it always be 1 per hour?

Zane

• Knight
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 16, 2011, 12:25:09 AM »
Yeah. Energy didn't change. EXP however increases 1 per hour. Will we be getting more EXP later or will it always be 1 per hour?

I'm pretty sure XP is 1/hour + whatever XP you earn from casting.

Of course right after I posted this my energy increased.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #18: September 16, 2011, 12:44:13 AM »
I'm fixing bugs as they are discovered, I don't usually post about it. So if things suddenly start working - that's what happened. :-)

Zakilevo

« Reply #19: September 16, 2011, 02:13:42 AM »
My char just recovered 1 energy. So I recover 1 energy per every 6 hours? Wouldn't that be too little? Only 4 energy per day?

ps Just got this while trying to use the parser.

ErrorException [ Notice ]: Undefined index: XPgains
APPPATH/controllers/action.php [ 77 ]
72                         if ($this->Character->getConcentration() >= 0) {
73                            if ($this->Character->getEnergy() >= 0) {
74                               $casting['concentration'] += $CanCast['concentration'];
75                               $casting['energy'] += $CanCast['energy'];
77                               foreach ($CanCast['XPgains'] as $element=>$gains) {
78                                  if (isset($casting['XPgains'][$element])) {
79                                     $casting['XPgains'][$element]['xp'] += $gains['xp'];
80                                     $casting['XPgains'][$element]['level'] += $gains['level'];
81                                  } else {
82                                     $casting['XPgains'][$element]['xp'] = $gains['xp'];
APPPATH/controllers/action.php [ 77 ] » MY_Exceptions::error_handler(arguments)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:15:47 AM by Zakilevo »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #20: September 16, 2011, 05:25:17 PM »
should be fixed now

Zakilevo

« Reply #21: September 16, 2011, 06:35:18 PM »
Can a caster sense magic when someone casts a spell? Like from a distance -outside of a village-?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:17:09 AM by Zakilevo »

Zakilevo

« Reply #22: September 17, 2011, 10:40:14 PM »
So the currently, if I want to use a spell (let's say harm/fire) that has the power-level of 10, I need my harm and fire skills to be 10 in total when I add them up. It is fine for low level spells but for a stronger spells requiring something around 100 power levels, I need 50 in fire and 50 in harm. To reach level 50, I need  [50(50+1)]/2 * 10= 12750 EXP. Divide that by 24, I will need 531.25 days to get to that level. Of course this is excluding exp gained from actually using spells, but we only recover something around 1 energy per every 6 hours so we can barely use two spells a day. We will take forever to reach high enough level to use a powerful spell.

Or maybe I am misunderstanding how our power-level calculations work?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 17, 2011, 11:39:56 PM »
We will take forever to reach high enough level to use a powerful spell.

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”

If that journey happens to take you a year or so, oh well. Characters on BattleMaster take longer than that to become really famous, so I see a year to cast a powerful spell as a fairly short time.

Zakilevo

« Reply #24: September 17, 2011, 11:57:02 PM »
The problem is it isn't only a year. It will take almost 2 years excluding use of spells.

But you are right. The whole point of this game will be enjoying the RPs not trying to master every single branches of magic.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: September 18, 2011, 12:27:07 AM »
I think you're underestimating how much xp you'll get from spellcasting.  You get a point of XP for every point of Concentration and Energy you spend, which will add up quickly.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #26: September 18, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »
SM3 is an "open top" game - there is no limit to the power you can accumulate, but it takes progressively longer. And that's intentional.

That said, as the game progresses, one of the meta-goals is to discover sources of magical energy, increasing the energy flow.

Zakilevo

« Reply #27: September 18, 2011, 06:01:31 PM »
Excellent. But I am guessing GMs will RP that for us I assume? Since we cannot go discovering the sources of magical energy every time?

ps - it looks like the game is almost done.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:23:13 PM by Zakilevo »