Author Topic: Zuma noise!(IG spoiler)  (Read 13268 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma noise!
« Reply #15: September 21, 2011, 02:39:19 AM »
My advy heard the noise while in Nightscree, he alerted the hunters of Dwilight and then Glaumring knew about it IG since he is in the hunters guild to. Later because I think Zuma stuff is special I shared it with the forum for anyone who is interested in Zuma stuff.  Just roleplay that you heard a rumour about screaming Daimons. Its not a big deal or even that secret it was meant to get out or they wouldn't have broadcast it.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 21, 2011, 02:46:48 AM »
This is a problem that comes up a lot, especially on Dwilight and BT,  because there is information that is designed to be an in-game surprise and many players prefer not to know about it at all OOC so they can truly sit and try to puzzle it out In Game.

I think an easy way to avoid this is to try to adopt adding "(IG Spoiler)" to the subject header when you are going to mention something that might fall into this category, to let the other players have the chance to find out "naturally" about it.

there are also spoiler extensions that will hide the content between the spoiler tags until you hit a button. Tom could look to add that feature in.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #17: September 21, 2011, 02:48:07 AM »
My advy heard the noise while in Nightscree, he alerted the hunters of Dwilight and then Glaumring knew about it IG since he is in the hunters guild to. Later because I think Zuma stuff is special I shared it with the forum for anyone who is interested in Zuma stuff.  Just roleplay that you heard a rumour about screaming Daimons. Its not a big deal or even that secret it was meant to get out or they wouldn't have broadcast it.

Nope, you're right - not a big deal. But big deals HAVE been spoiled for people in the past, so nice idea to adopt a way of letting players enjoy things "at their own pace", so to say.

egamma

« Reply #18: September 21, 2011, 03:14:26 AM »
there are also spoiler extensions that will hide the content between the spoiler tags until you hit a button. Tom could look to add that feature in.

Found, I'll post to the proper section.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #19: September 21, 2011, 04:11:51 AM »
If they didn't want the rest of the nobles of the continent finding out one way or another, they wouldn't have had the scream occur where a mere adventurer could hear it and spread the story. It wouldn't have happened at all. Everything the Zuma do is done for a reason. If a roleplay was done where an adventurer could hear it, then it wasn't meant to be secret.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #20: September 21, 2011, 04:19:30 AM »
If they didn't want the rest of the nobles of the continent finding out one way or another, they wouldn't have had the scream occur where a mere adventurer could hear it and spread the story. It wouldn't have happened at all. Everything the Zuma do is done for a reason. If a roleplay was done where an adventurer could hear it, then it wasn't meant to be secret.

but there's a difference between a secret, and something that is simply found out "naturally" as part of an on-going story.

if they wanted every single character to know about it all at once, they would have posted island-wide.

Maxim

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 21, 2011, 04:26:41 AM »
You know, it's the Zuma. Unless this the beginning of something big, which I doubt but would love it to be, then it is literally irrelevant. Does it matter who knows?

The most interesting thing they've done thus far was when they called for visitors from as many realms as wished to travel there to go and be told all about them. Turned out to be little enough to be worth the effort though.

Aside from burning D'Hara(?) down a bit, of course.
"Who are you .. and are you relevant?"

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #22: September 21, 2011, 04:41:50 AM »
sorry - is there actually a problem with asking people to add "(IG Spoiler)" in this type of topic, or are folks just discussing the relevancy of this message in general?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 21, 2011, 04:52:01 AM »
You know, it's the Zuma. Unless this the beginning of something big, which I doubt but would love it to be, then it is literally irrelevant. Does it matter who knows?

The most interesting thing they've done thus far was when they called for visitors from as many realms as wished to travel there to go and be told all about them. Turned out to be little enough to be worth the effort though.

Aside from burning D'Hara(?) down a bit, of course.

The time they lead an army against Terran was also fun.

Maxim

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 21, 2011, 04:59:39 AM »
To me it just largely seems like the Zuma could be, or could do, a whole lot more. A lot of the roleplays seem largely inconsequential. They're just sort of .. there ... in the corner.

Hell, I'd love to play them. I think there's a lot that could be done, and not simply in the Belauterra-style-invasion killmurderdeath Daimon rampage, since Dwilight won't be able to withstand that.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: September 21, 2011, 05:04:36 AM »
To me it just largely seems like the Zuma could be, or could do, a whole lot more. A lot of the roleplays seem largely inconsequential. They're just sort of .. there ... in the corner.

Hell, I'd love to play them. I think there's a lot that could be done, and not simply in the Belauterra-style-invasion killmurderdeath Daimon rampage, since Dwilight won't be able to withstand that.

Partly they aren't meant to be the focus of Dwilight, so that does limit exactly what they are up to.

egamma

« Reply #26: September 21, 2011, 05:13:09 AM »

If you want to see the Zuma do something, declare war on them and go loot their lands, and see what happens.
What? You wanted to see them do "a whole lot more" to someone else? What's the fun in that?  :P

Maxim

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma noise!(IG spoiler)
« Reply #27: September 21, 2011, 05:56:48 AM »
They don't need to be the focus, they could just do with being, in the words of Sextus, a bit more "relevant".

And on the contrary. I don't play Dwilight anymore, but before the SA War I did actually considered having Averoth declare War on the Zuma. The idea of them marching all the way to Valkyrja to attack us seemed amusing, especially if the whole continent could have been united in opposing them and wiping them out, and for a realm of "Cavaliers" it seemed like an appropriate thing to do. Now that would have been a much more interesting "Crusade" for Dwilight.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #28: September 21, 2011, 06:08:56 AM »
More than likely we would have just sat back and ate some popped corn, laughing among ourselves IC about those silly northmen committing suicide by declaring war on the Zuma.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 21, 2011, 06:26:25 AM »
They don't need to be the focus, they could just do with being, in the words of Sextus, a bit more "relevant".

And on the contrary. I don't play Dwilight anymore, but before the SA War I did actually considered having Averoth declare War on the Zuma. The idea of them marching all the way to Valkyrja to attack us seemed amusing, especially if the whole continent could have been united in opposing them and wiping them out, and for a realm of "Cavaliers" it seemed like an appropriate thing to do. Now that would have been a much more interesting "Crusade" for Dwilight.

You wouldn't classify a continent wide alliance making them the focus? The problem for the Zuma is that by their nature any time they do anything it quickly becomes a major part of the world. The players are just too interested in what the GMs might be up to.