Author Topic: Zuma noise!(IG spoiler)  (Read 13267 times)

Maxim

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma noise!(IG spoiler)
« Reply #30: September 21, 2011, 01:54:26 PM »
More than likely we would have just sat back and ate some popped corn, laughing among ourselves IC about those silly northmen committing suicide by declaring war on the Zuma.

More than likely, but the inability for others to join in doing something big should never hold you back IC. But as I've said before, Averoth had nothing more to do in the end but find a ridiculous war to throw itself in. I don't especially find the idea of wasting away with Too Much Peace to be particularly fun. Apparently too many realms on Dwilight do.

Though it would also have been fun watching the Zuma march all the way through Terran, Caerwyn and Astrum.

You wouldn't classify a continent wide alliance making them the focus? The problem for the Zuma is that by their nature any time they do anything it quickly becomes a major part of the world. The players are just too interested in what the GMs might be up to.

>Being< The focus suggests you're saying Dwilight = Zuma = Dwilight. Simply doing something doesn't make them the purpose of Dwilight. However, they're quite obviously something that will have to be overcome in the future, so how ever much they end up being 'focussed' on is simply a waiting game. So no, I don't especially. Dwilight in general is just about overcoming adversity in a harsh continent.

The Zuma are like anything. On their own they're only especially intriguing when they're being elusive. Intrigue only lasts so long though.
"Who are you .. and are you relevant?"

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma noise!
« Reply #31: September 21, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Partly they aren't meant to be the focus of Dwilight, so that does limit exactly what they are up to.

Surely they're meant for something, though?

Though I suppose that something could just be "sit and bask in their own mystery"
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

roland.walters@abbott.com

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: September 21, 2011, 04:59:43 PM »
Has anyone stopped to consider that screaming might be normal for a Zuma named Screamer.  Multiple characters have seen this happen before and not thought anything of it.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: September 21, 2011, 05:20:15 PM »
Has anyone stopped to consider that screaming might be normal for a Zuma named Screamer.  Multiple characters have seen this happen before and not thought anything of it.

finally someone who gets it :P

I don't know of you but I've seen tons of rps like this, they mean something but it is no use discusing it here, you'll character will have to go on a little adventure to the lands of the Zuma, if he/she dares...
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: September 21, 2011, 06:02:53 PM »

It might be.

And it might not be.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: September 21, 2011, 10:35:19 PM »

And anyone "in the know" in the Maroccidens has some reason to believe "this time is different."

Yes, random Zuma RPs happen pretty frequently. This one seems like it may be different, for various reasons.

What reasons? On that, I'll go ahead and say there are still a lot of people who wouldn't know IG, so it shouldn't be said.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: September 22, 2011, 02:53:14 AM »
Oooh...

* Indirik waits for the invasion of Terran... Or maybe Asylon?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: September 22, 2011, 03:12:41 AM »
lol the invasion of Asylon would be 5 seconds...  :-[
We live lives in beautiful lies...