Author Topic: A Note on Copying Messages from the Game  (Read 9072 times)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
A Note on Copying Messages from the Game
« Topic Start: September 14, 2016, 12:39:40 PM »
I know it's super easy to just copy and paste things in, but with multiple themes, especially any that have white or lighter color backgrounds, please take a moment to strip any color tags out of your post. There are a couple options:
  • If you don't mind a loss of other formatting, you can just select everything in your post and click "Remove Formatting" above (looks like an A with an arrow to another A). If you'd like a shortcut for this, Ctrl+A is a shortcut for selecting everything on at least Windows. If you have the cursor in the post editor box, it'll only select everything in the post's text editor.
  • If you really want the formatting, switch views to the non-html editor and look for anything that has the below and remove them. This will force the messages to default back a user's given theme's default colors for posts.
Code: [Select]
[color=255,255,255] or something similar, as well as [/color]
    Your fellow forum-goers will appreciate it, I'm sure! Thank you.
    Like my programming? Become my patron!

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
      • View Profile
    Re: A Note on Copying Messages from the Game
    « Reply #1: September 16, 2016, 09:59:25 AM »
    Pasting it in a notepad file first then copying that to paste on the forums has worked very well for me in the past. Takes any color tags and some of the formatting out doing it that way.

Wimpie

• Developer
    • Mighty Duke
      • View Profile
    Re: A Note on Copying Messages from the Game
    « Reply #2: September 16, 2016, 10:26:39 AM »
    Pasting it in a notepad file first then copying that to paste on the forums has worked very well for me in the past. Takes any color tags and some of the formatting out doing it that way.

I do it the same way, but some may want to preserve some formating, which Notepad deletes I think.
    Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
    PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)