BattleMaster > Development

+1 character

(1/10) > >>

Norrel:
It seems like the biggest problem with BM ATM is a simple lack of players, and that characters are spread too thinly. While I understand that the new estate system will go a long way towards fixing this issue, it seems to me like most people think that a lack of players will still be a major issue for the game.
Couldn't we just give everyone one more character, in order to fix it? The vast majority of players already use the maximum amount of characters available to them, and I assume the most of them would also jump on the chance to have another character. While this wouldn't address the direct issue (the constant loss of players), it would go a long way towards mitigating the effects of the decline in population. As Tom has hinted at, he's considering getting rid of Dwilight, but simply adding an extra noble per player would essentially do the same thing, without the whole destroying an entire island's history thing.
Thoughts?

vanKaya:
where has it been implied that Dwi would be deleted? It is the most successful continent in gaining and maintaining new players, as has been evidenced by stats in a different thread.

also, multiple nobles from the same family playing together isn't necessarily a good solution. though it's widely prevalent throughout battlemaster, I think it's something that in many ways takes away from RP and the funness of the game.

when it's done right, with seperate RPs for both family members, its acceptable. but more often than not you have one family member who is active in discussions and the realm and one silent zombie who walks around with a unit blindly following orders and managing an estate.

Norrel:

--- Quote from: vanKaya on September 25, 2011, 11:58:55 PM ---where has it been implied that Dwi would be deleted?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Tom on September 25, 2011, 11:23:25 PM ---Oh yes. From what I've seen from the distance, it has sucked the spirit out of every other island in the game, and it's the main reason everything is spread thin.

Find me 500 new players and I'll eat my words, but right now, I do think that Dwilight was a mistake.

--- End quote ---

De-Legro:
Thinking something was a mistake is VERY different to saying I'm thinking of removing it.

Norrel:

--- Quote from: De-Legro on September 26, 2011, 12:18:04 AM ---Thinking something was a mistake is VERY different to saying I'm thinking of removing it.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Tom on September 25, 2011, 11:19:23 PM ---If it is that bad, I'll shut down an island or two. BM is a multiplayer game and we may have made a mistake spreading a dwindling player base across too many game worlds. Maybe Dwilight was a mistake. I'm not above admitting and fixing mistakes.

--- End quote ---

Can we start talking about the idea now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version