Author Topic: +1 character  (Read 16795 times)

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: +1 character
« Reply #15: September 26, 2011, 01:52:54 AM »
Relatively recently everyone was given an extra slot. Add to that people who donate money now get an extra slot and if yet another was added they might stop donating since they might feel as they didn't need yet another so why donate.  We need more players not more characters.  Getting rid of an island might help, advertising would help, but I'm not sure adding a character slot would.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 26, 2011, 02:31:47 AM »
It is indeed good to point out that for most players, an extra character slot was indeed granted. I wonder if anyone has statistical data to show how this changed things?

Advertising is something we've been talking about for years and years. I'm doubtful there is much we can do that we haven't already done.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 26, 2011, 03:20:03 AM »
I would personally would love to see players getting up to 6 active nobles, but only being able to place one per continent. But that is just my personal preference, this has been suggested and turned down before more than once.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 26, 2011, 09:10:40 AM »
to be dead honest, it's even worse to have noble+advy on same continent/realm than 2 nobles.
firefox

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 26, 2011, 12:48:57 PM »
Or if everyone plays their current nobles more active rather then being drones, the game becomes more fun and thus has more players? Adding more nobles will only have a negative effect on this..

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 26, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »
Or if everyone plays their current nobles more active rather then being drones, the game becomes more fun and thus has more players? Adding more nobles will only have a negative effect on this..

This is a good point. How many characters can one person play, and play well? Three characters is relatively easy. Four can be difficult. But actively playing 5 noble characters, and devoting all the effort to them that is truly needed to make them contributing members of the realm, and not just travel drones? That's rough.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 26, 2011, 02:28:41 PM »
This is a good point. How many characters can one person play, and play well? Three characters is relatively easy. Four can be difficult. But actively playing 5 noble characters, and devoting all the effort to them that is truly needed to make them contributing members of the realm, and not just travel drones? That's rough.

Personally, 3 noble is the maximum I can play well. I currently have 4 and I find myself having at least 2 being pure sheeple. I would not create a new character even if I could.

That being said, if someone has the creative input and the time necessary to do it, why not? It doesn't remove anything for me.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 26, 2011, 02:35:50 PM »
Personally, 3 noble is the maximum I can play well. I currently have 4 and I find myself having at least 2 being pure sheeple. I would not create a new character even if I could.

That being said, if someone has the creative input and the time necessary to do it, why not? It doesn't remove anything for me.

The point is that it won't fix a problem. Rather give those who want it an extra char.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 26, 2011, 02:45:57 PM »
You can already play up to five characters. Four of them nobles without donating. Kick in a euro a week (~$5 USD a month) and you can play 5 nobles.

How many more do you want? 6? 8? 10?

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 26, 2011, 02:51:11 PM »
Hmmm 1 noble and 1 Advy atm is enough for me. Though i've no doubt that that is in part due to the particulars and situation of Ramiel at the moment, heck as it is some messages just dont get answered or a response for a few days ;). However were I to have more time available, I might try another Noble after some extended research.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: September 26, 2011, 07:42:08 PM »
to be dead honest, it's even worse to have noble+advy on same continent/realm than 2 nobles.

Why is that?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 26, 2011, 07:46:20 PM »
advy A finds stuff and makes a deal with advy B to sell to noble A? how many items do you want?
firefox

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 26, 2011, 07:49:30 PM »
advy A finds stuff and makes a deal with advy B to sell to noble A? how many items do you want?

Then ask the Devs to make it so that any item found by Advy A cannot be given/sold to Noble A or A family. Would require the game to keep track of which Advy found what though...
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 26, 2011, 08:43:42 PM »
That's a bit too artificial. The restriction on selling to your own family is to prevent using your advy as your item-fixing-finding mule, and to prevent the advy from getting one free recommendation. By requiring the item to be transferred through another player's character you open up the possibility for betrayal, accidents, intrigue, etc. Beyond that, it's really not much of an issue.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 26, 2011, 09:39:55 PM »

How can that be worse than Noble A is cousin of Noble B and /always/ supports him to death. Financially too, might serve him as knight or forfeit income to benefit him. Occasionally it also says things that Noble B was supposed to say, in strange possession phenomena. Like a hive mind.

That is why my noble is leaving Kindara as soon as it can. Way too many two-character players. Not that I have anything against them, I just don't want to play in such conditions. It forces the "play two characters or play at a disadvantage" line of thought.