Author Topic: regarding infiltrators  (Read 9460 times)

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
regarding infiltrators
« Topic Start: March 08, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »
First of all I do not see why this class is limited to nobles.It is not really something that requires noble blood.So I think adventurers should be allowed to switch to infiltrators.
Secondly infiltrators should be able to actually kill their target and guards should be able to kill infiltrators.To make things fair the chances of this would be low,kind of like the chances of getting killed by monsters as an adventurer.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: regarding infiltrators
« Reply #1: March 08, 2011, 01:27:21 PM »
First of all I do not see why this class is limited to nobles.It is not really something that requires noble blood.So I think adventurers should be allowed to switch to infiltrators.
Secondly infiltrators should be able to actually kill their target and guards should be able to kill infiltrators.To make things fair the chances of this would be low,kind of like the chances of getting killed by monsters as an adventurer.

Adventurers aren't tied by turn changes. You could stab someone and then be 3 regions away in just a few seconds. It's just too powerful of an advantage.

Adventurers killing people they stab has been requested a few times as I remember it. Every time it has been turned down because character death should mostly be the choice of the player playing that character.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: March 08, 2011, 02:33:38 PM »
There supposedly is a critical wound that infiltrators can do if they get a perfect attack in, which is either not achieved or hard to achieve otherwise. Supposedly it puts a target in serious wound condition for a while.

What I've wondered about regarding the infiltrator class is the invisibility code that was around when we had the single class system. Is that code still intact?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 08, 2011, 05:56:35 PM »
The new wounding code applies "wound points" to the target. The text you see for wound status is related to the number of wound points the character has. Just like you see text descriptions for region morale that depend on the actual morale percentage of the region.

There is no such thing as a "perfect attack" for an infil that generates a special kind of wound. Some hits do more than others. But there is nothing special about an infil attack that can generate a special kind of wound.

As for the "invisibility" code, it could probably be pulled out of the SVN repository if needed.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 08, 2011, 07:36:26 PM »
I'm not saying the hour system has to be the same as adventurers.Class change limitations could be added.
Speaking of movment I say the priests are the most overpowered.They can move around as they please without tiredness or border tolls.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #5: March 08, 2011, 08:03:37 PM »
In the same way, many feel priests are underpowered since they can't do as much as a noble with a unit can in wars, and working for a religion is not as easy as it sounds.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 08, 2011, 10:52:29 PM »
And what can priest DO while they walk around at that speed? Certainly not lead a unit. You have to look at more then just a single aspect of a class when talking about it being "overpowered". Priest are mostly a RP class, it tells you that when you choose the class. Tom explicitly warns you that there is less to "do" in game mechanic terms for that class.

Even in advy/inflitrators did lose their current movement system, I doubt it is something that will get implemented. I seem to recall Tom has said something along the lines of he doesn't want the advy game to get too deep, too distracting from the noble game.

Finally the point of infils being able to KILL their target. With the exception of the recent BT invasion, All death in Battlemaster is opt in. Allowing Infiltrators to kill their target, even if it was only a slight chance would violate this choice for the player that is targeted.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 08, 2011, 11:55:02 PM »
Even the BT Invasion Death was opt-in, as everyone got clearly warned on time to get out if you didn't like it. I would strongly disagree with death by Infiltrators. They have good tools already.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #8: March 09, 2011, 03:40:14 AM »
Indeed, we had some very epic discussions on the DList regarding mortality, and I believe the final (not complete) consensus was that mortality should remain voluntary.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 09, 2011, 08:41:27 PM »
Mortality is fun.Let's not forget we are playing as humans here,not gods.The invasion in Bleutara with nobles geting killed on a regular basis was fun.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #10: March 09, 2011, 08:43:34 PM »
And we've had discussions up the river on the Dlist and #battlemaster displaying a broad range of how fun or not fun that is.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 10, 2011, 02:29:02 AM »
Mortality was fun for some, myself included. However the vast majority of players that responded indicated that mortality was NOT fun.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 10, 2011, 07:23:42 AM »
.. you do realise advy/infil is basically a suicide class, right? any peasant caught doing stuff like that would be automatically executed... forget going into a judge's dungeon
firefox

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #13: March 10, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »
Gotta agree with fodder here.  If you stab someone... normally if you're caught you'd get stabbed, to say the least. :P

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #14: March 14, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »
I got a question regarding the infiltrator actions. Do all infil actions share the same chance of being caught or some got a higher chance than others. As an example: Messing with road signs got the same chance of getting caught as murdering militia?