Author Topic: Recruitment centers  (Read 3498 times)

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Recruitment centers
« Topic Start: September 27, 2011, 12:21:32 AM »
Does the region type ( ie. Woodland,townsland, city) have any effect on the quality of the recruitment center?

Are any regions better suited to creating certain types of centers? Ie. Woodlands tend to create better archers or cities better SF etc.

Also, do the regions stats, and whether they are good, mediocore, or bad, have any effect on RC quality.

Thanks.
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitment centers
« Reply #1: September 27, 2011, 12:46:10 AM »
Does the region type ( ie. Woodland,townsland, city) have any effect on the quality of the recruitment center?

Are any regions better suited to creating certain types of centers? Ie. Woodlands tend to create better archers or cities better SF etc.

Also, do the regions stats, and whether they are good, mediocore, or bad, have any effect on RC quality.

Thanks.

Cities are better for Special Forces RC's in my opinion, since rurals can only expand them to level 2, which provides very few recruits per day. In terms of getting better quality RC's depending on the region, not so far as I am aware.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 27, 2011, 06:20:26 AM »
Cities are better for Special Forces RC's in my opinion, since rurals can only expand them to level 2, which provides very few recruits per day. In terms of getting better quality RC's depending on the region, not so far as I am aware.

Some people have noted that some regions have a tendency to produce better or worse centres, or more archer centres than others, for example. Lords who build normal centres in regions that used to have pretty bad-ass SF tend to eventually get new good SF centres as well.

However, this might be a combination of myth and self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't know if there's any truth to it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 27, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
Some people have noted that some regions have a tendency to produce better or worse centres, or more archer centres than others, for example. Lords who build normal centres in regions that used to have pretty bad-ass SF tend to eventually get new good SF centres as well.

However, this might be a combination of myth and self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't know if there's any truth to it.

Yes without a pretty large data set, I would be leaning towards observer bias.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 27, 2011, 08:53:23 AM »
There are differences based on region type.  Once the furor over new estates dies down a bit, I'll revive the thread in the dev forum about what, precisely, can actually be revealed about the details of this (and all sorts of other stuff that there isn't any good way to figure out).
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

egamma

« Reply #5: September 27, 2011, 06:32:31 PM »
There are differences based on region type.  Once the furor over new estates dies down a bit, I'll revive the thread in the dev forum about what, precisely, can actually be revealed about the details of this (and all sorts of other stuff that there isn't any good way to figure out).

It would be nice to have additional reasons to conquer certain region types.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 27, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »

And it would be logical for certain regions to produce better types than other regions. In truth, I was not aware of the above facts, so I find this thread very interesting!

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 27, 2011, 10:13:05 PM »

The new economy should cover that, no?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 28, 2011, 03:03:57 AM »
And it would be logical for certain regions to produce better types than other regions. In truth, I was not aware of the above facts, so I find this thread very interesting!

When things calm down, I really hope that Bedwyr can get the clearance to de-mystify some of the stuff that he's mentioned. There's no way some of it can be figured out by the players. Of course, some of it needs to be kept secret, but other things should be public knowledge.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.