Author Topic: Cavalry charges  (Read 6400 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Cavalry charges
« Topic Start: March 08, 2011, 07:24:25 PM »
Well, the point would be that in one charge, that 63 man cav unit completely obliterated an enemy infantry unit that had 55 men in it, while only taking 10 casualties in return. (My original count was a bit off. The enemy inf started with 61, but lost some before the cav hit it.) That just doesn't happen if you would have had a 63-man infantry unit.

• ( 8 ) hit (31), 65 cav and 60 cav.
  • (6) hit (32) and (25), 28 cav hitting 66 inf and 62 cav
  • (3) hit (23), 42 cav and 55 inf
  • (4) hit (35), 63 cav and 55 inf
  • (5) hit (42), 41 cav and 55MI
  • (1) hit (36), 48 cav and 39 inf
  • (2) hit (30), 36 cav and 91 inf
  • (18) hit (22), 24 cav and 66 inf

The only thing that looks odd in there is the one you pointed out, where that small cav unit hit two separate units. I *think* this is because unit (32) was fighting two units at once from the previous round of battle. Therefore, only a small amount of it was available to be hit by the charging cav, forcing a part of the cav to find another victim.

It should also be pointed out that the Arrakis Heavy Cavalry is the infamous Black Knights RC in Aix, that is pretty much the *best* cav center in the entire game. It is capable of generating an absolutely insane number of hits. I remember when King Sangue of Perdan blockaded Isadril by himself with 77 Black Knights, while the Perdan army went home to refit. He just rode back and forth and wiped out several units that tried to get past him.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.