Author Topic: Lower the rate at which unique items degrade  (Read 10538 times)

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Lower the rate at which unique items degrade
« Reply #15: March 10, 2011, 12:20:06 AM »
I think he might be suggesting that advies have the option of paying a really high amount (since it would be in gold) in lieu of items.

I guess I didn't make that part clear. You are correct. The adventurer would then, in turn, charge the noble  a high price for the return of the item.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 10, 2011, 12:40:49 AM »
Ah like that :) well, it would make it a lot easier, that's for sure ... however, item trade is like the only reason to get in touch with other advies (being an advy), and thus rendering that obsolete would completely turn adventurers into Einzelgänger?

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 10, 2011, 01:00:46 AM »
Ah like that :) well, it would make it a lot easier, that's for sure ... however, item trade is like the only reason to get in touch with other advies (being an advy), and thus rendering that obsolete would completely turn adventurers into Einzelgänger?

Adventurers would still be required to find the items, to find and go to sages, and with the added item longevity could be used to transport items for the nobility(though what nobleman would entrust such an item to a commoner).  Little would change save that items would be more easily repaired, though not necessarily cheaply.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #18: March 10, 2011, 01:02:46 AM »

Portal stones can't be bought with gold!  8) Mm, portal stones.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 10, 2011, 02:07:45 AM »
For item turnover rate, make it possible to lose items in battle. Infiltrators, or captors, could steal a valued item. Even allow a Judge to accept a UI as ransom. I don't know how difficult it would be to code, but it could be interesting. I could certainly see the theft of some treasure being a reason for war.

Far as I know they can be lost in battle if you are wounded. Judges can steal them off you too.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 10, 2011, 02:22:43 AM »
Far as I know they can be lost in battle if you are wounded. Judges can steal them off you too.

They can be stolen, but not used for ransom. I'm not familiar with losing them in battle. If they are lost in battle are they lost for good, or does another battle participant find the lost UI?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #21: March 10, 2011, 02:26:07 AM »
They can be found by a number of ways. Foraging battlefield can do that. Adventurers can also find them, I think by investigating or something.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: March 10, 2011, 02:26:42 AM »
They can be found again in the region they were lost in. If I recall right I believe someone from a realm I'm in found a lost item when foraging the battlefield.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: March 10, 2011, 02:39:05 AM »
They can be found by a number of ways. Foraging battlefield can do that. Adventurers can also find them, I think by investigating or something.
Advies can find them by gathering, just like they can find unique in any region. Not sure if there is a higher chance to find lost unique by this method. I've also seen Advies finding unique items just by travelling, but have not heard that items found this way were lost.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.