Author Topic: Massive negative trade Balance  (Read 27333 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Massive negative trade Balance
« Reply #30: October 03, 2011, 08:19:54 AM »
But, won't that mean double gold for Madina? 'cause wasn't that gold that was deducted from the people of Madina already paid to the rurals?

No, ~3k is gone.
Some of the caravans did make a successful deal, but where talking of 100/200 gold in total.

If the devs need any aditional information or me to sum up the 'damage', i will get back to them later this week.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 03, 2011, 08:21:57 AM »
Food sales to Paisly were recent, though, did any have the time to return?

Also, yea, a lot of people lost gold. But didn't everyone aligned to these rural regions *gain* an equal amount of gold?

There is nothing wrong with the caravan system selling food, i am not sure if that gold also disapeared however.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 03, 2011, 08:33:13 AM »
Food sales to Paisly were recent, though, did any have the time to return?

Also, yea, a lot of people lost gold. But didn't everyone aligned to these rural regions *gain* an equal amount of gold?

We're not sure yet.

Madina OWED money to those caravans - but those caravans did not necessarily reach the destination for the tax week - so a shipment of 120gp to Panabuk did not show up in Panabuk's tax report, but showed up as -120gp to the Madina trade balance.

So, they may or may NOT balance out. . . depends on how it works?  And keep in mind some caravans with gold were from the old system and those just disappeared.

Hopefully once it's sorted out and gold is where it's suppose to be trade wise we can have a better picture what happened.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: October 03, 2011, 01:13:10 PM »
From the wiki

"Tom doesn't manually intervene (we fix bugs, but not the results of bugs) unless the game is seriously unbalanced by a bug."

So you will just have to wait and see. I can recall other bugs of a similar scale that we just had to play through, sometimes there just isn't the info to fix it. For example I'm not sure the game would record how much gold everyone had before the tax for it to be restored, so in that case what should Tom do, just award everyone an average?

Pian En Luries lost thousands of bushels testing the automatic caravans when they were implemented, those are just the breaks.

Chénier Luria is larger then it has been in the recent past, but for all you know this is a reckless plan to try and shore up our food supply by grabbing a few food producing regions before winter; regions we may have little hope to hold. If our regions were taking to long to repopulate it might just provide enough food to keep the cities fed.

No, ~3k is gone.
Some of the caravans did make a successful deal, but where talking of 100/200 gold in total.

If the devs need any aditional information or me to sum up the 'damage', i will get back to them later this week.

The experiance we have had in Luria was those carvans that seemed paused until Anaris gave them a gentle shove where the ones that experienced bugs and we got errors when they arrived. I can only go by the experience of my brother, but the food he had in that caravan seems lost. Like I said we are used to it by now, over the past month or so we have lost a fair bit of food playing with the automatic caravans. When I was Lord of AP, I saw in one turn 2k of food arrive from the rurals, the message was it was places in the warehouses, but it never arrived.

No matter how much Chénier theories about a realm in which he has little real knowledge of the day to day conditions, those kind of loses hurt. It is compounded by human error as well, Monsters have spawned in rural regions that decided to store their harvest in there own regions rather then send them on to the cities, so they are now feeding them.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 03, 2011, 02:51:30 PM »
So you will just have to wait and see. I can recall other bugs of a similar scale that we just had to play through, sometimes there just isn't the info to fix it. For example I'm not sure the game would record how much gold everyone had before the tax for it to be restored, so in that case what should Tom do, just award everyone an average?

I took note of how many negative bonds there were before I wiped them out; if Nosferatus finds that the money does, indeed, reappear in the next tax, I know exactly how much to reduce it by to ensure that they don't get double gold.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 03, 2011, 05:33:10 PM »
I took note of how many negative bonds there were before I wiped them out; if Nosferatus finds that the money does, indeed, reappear in the next tax, I know exactly how much to reduce it by to ensure that they don't get double gold.

You, we also know how much the region made in negative bonds.    But, much obliged regardless.

As for Luria - monster groups like that have been the norm for years on Dwilight.   Hurt your rurals, yup.   Be a nuisence, yup.  Keeps away TMP.  Yup.   We use to lose rurals in winters all the time.   Only stopped once they tweaked the code and once we secured the Tower.

Archer Heavy Armies are the way to go when you're playing with Monsters.   The lack of Overkill really finishes them off.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 03, 2011, 05:59:21 PM »
Indeed. Considering TMP can be just as paralyzing as a huge monster horde, I'm not impressed. The Lurians aren't pioneer realms anymore, they have established cities with great gold outputs, many RCs, and all the equipment they need.

Not to mention that they conveniently split in half, increasing tax tolerance and reducing travel times.

So yea, no pity for the Lurians. They don't have it handed over on a silver plate, but this is Dwilight, and as such they are having it pretty good. If you wanted a realm where you don't have to worry about rogues, don't play on Dwilight.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: October 03, 2011, 08:05:57 PM »
but this is Dwilight, and as such they are having it pretty good. If you wanted a realm where you don't have to worry about rogues, don't play on Dwilight.

Or in D'Hara ;)   But just watch your cities starve every few weeks :D

Though, with the referendum I just got back, I think D'Hara has that problem solved so long as they keep Barca in line.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: October 03, 2011, 08:35:15 PM »
Indeed. Considering TMP can be just as paralyzing as a huge monster horde, I'm not impressed. The Lurians aren't pioneer realms anymore, they have established cities with great gold outputs, many RCs, and all the equipment they need.

Not to mention that they conveniently split in half, increasing tax tolerance and reducing travel times.

So yea, no pity for the Lurians. They don't have it handed over on a silver plate, but this is Dwilight, and as such they are having it pretty good. If you wanted a realm where you don't have to worry about rogues, don't play on Dwilight.

Pity? We don't need or want pity really. I think we were just using it as an example of how bugs can really mess up some realms but we've all learned to deal with it as we are playing in a testing island.

Plus, the Lurians are having a great time. I mean we've got to have some free time off between all of the civil wars and rebellions which seem to be rampant here.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: October 03, 2011, 08:54:28 PM »
Or in D'Hara ;)   But just watch your cities starve every few weeks :D

Though, with the referendum I just got back, I think D'Hara has that problem solved so long as they keep Barca in line.

As we expand east, we've seen hordes! Massive 40-best hordes have attack Qubel! *gasp*!

As for food, indeed, it seems as if all of our neighbours are suddenly exporting four times as much food as they used to. Rot is becoming a concern and we are planning how to best invest in our warehouses.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #40: October 03, 2011, 09:00:32 PM »
As we expand east, we've seen hordes! Massive 40-best hordes have attack Qubel! *gasp*!

As for food, indeed, it seems as if all of our neighbours are suddenly exporting four times as much food as they used to. Rot is becoming a concern and we are planning how to best invest in our warehouses.

The south had a couple of "above average" or maybe "exceptional" harvests, and it's the fall.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: October 03, 2011, 09:10:12 PM »

And as long as Abbot doesn't mess up again with the food, Halicos and the other Lords will continue to sell to him :)

The south had a couple of "above average" or maybe "exceptional" harvests, and it's the fall.

Yeah, Fatmilak had 500+ bushels every harvest I think and all the other regions seemed to have a lot more than usual too. Halicos has been investing, but it usually doesn't mean that much food.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: October 03, 2011, 09:17:42 PM »

It's winter now!

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: October 03, 2011, 10:37:55 PM »
Rot is becoming a concern and we are planning how to best invest in our warehouses.

Yeah, what madness is this, having these luxury problems!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: October 03, 2011, 11:15:25 PM »
Pity? We don't need or want pity really. I think we were just using it as an example of how bugs can really mess up some realms but we've all learned to deal with it as we are playing in a testing island.

Plus, the Lurians are having a great time. I mean we've got to have some free time off between all of the civil wars and rebellions which seem to be rampant here.

Exactly my point. All realms on Dwilight have struggles of some sort, and when bugs hit it can really affect the realm. My main point was that unless you actually play in the realm and know what is going on, all you are doing is engaging in is speculation, commonly known as theory craft. It works about as well in BM as in any other game, that is pretty damn poorly.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.