Author Topic: Massive negative trade Balance  (Read 27565 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Massive negative trade Balance
« Reply #60: October 06, 2011, 08:17:07 PM »
i also ntoiced a great way to gain a good extra share of gold as lord, stealing it from your knights share:

just send caravans to buy food somewhere where you know no food will be bought.
The gold is taken from the trade balance and added to you as bonds!

A really sneaky way to steal from your own knights without anyone knowing. ;)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: October 06, 2011, 08:20:51 PM »
When cancelling a buy offer in your region, you lose 10% or so from those filthy merchants (One day they will rule the world!) yeah.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: October 07, 2011, 01:15:36 AM »
i also ntoiced a great way to gain a good extra share of gold as lord, stealing it from your knights share:

Manual caravans take gold from your pockets, not the trade balance. And I assume that automatic caravans bring the gold back to the trade balance, not your pockets, but I've never bothered with that bugfest so I can't say.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #63: October 07, 2011, 09:12:02 PM »

Like Chenier says, this is incorrect. manual buys use gold, and return bonds--they are an effective way to get rid of your gold in-pocket if your men's morale drops to 0% and will rob you next turn. automatic sell offers affect your trade balance only.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: October 08, 2011, 03:41:34 AM »
Like Chenier says, this is incorrect. manual buys use gold, and return bonds--they are an effective way to get rid of your gold in-pocket if your men's morale drops to 0% and will rob you next turn. automatic sell offers affect your trade balance only.

Sounds pretty close to an exploit, but then again very hard to prove you sent those caravans out just to save your gold. If people make use of that too often, it probably will result in having to be in your region to interact with caravans.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: October 08, 2011, 03:43:23 AM »
Sounds pretty close to an exploit, but then again very hard to prove you sent those caravans out just to save your gold. If people make use of that too often, it probably will result in having to be in your region to interact with caravans.

yea... but I don't see that as being serious enough to warrant such a restriction. Only lords can do this, and only if they are stationnary, and morale dropping to 0% for a reason other than the unit not being paid is rather rare.

Plus you still lose your unit and honor.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: October 09, 2011, 06:39:20 AM »
Erm, just wondering. Barca hasn't gotten tax in eight days now. The last tax we got was two days before the announced fix of this. I'm just wondering did the fix break something or should I start filing a bug report?

Thanks,

Finn.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: October 09, 2011, 06:52:39 AM »
Erm, just wondering. Barca hasn't gotten tax in eight days now. The last tax we got was two days before the announced fix of this. I'm just wondering did the fix break something or should I start filing a bug report?

Thanks,

Finn.

D'Hara just got what appeared to be a functionnal tax, following a late dysfunctionnal one from yesterday.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: October 09, 2011, 07:30:39 AM »
No taxes in Luria Nova.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: October 09, 2011, 07:41:23 AM »
None in Fheuv'n either.

egamma

« Reply #70: October 09, 2011, 07:56:54 AM »
D'Hara just got what appeared to be a functionnal tax, following a late dysfunctionnal one from yesterday.

I'm rich! I'm rich!  ;D

(no, no bug, just clever estate/tax rate optimization plus a nice trade balance)

Thanks devs!

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: October 09, 2011, 08:58:37 AM »
bloody hell, that's only 200 gold....
firefox

egamma

« Reply #72: October 10, 2011, 06:48:10 PM »
bloody hell, that's only 200 gold....

Why do you think I want to be duke (or whatever) of the lighthouse?  :P

I made more than all the other lords of D'Hara, excluding dukes. Which, I know, is a big exclusion.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: October 10, 2011, 07:16:15 PM »
Why do you think I want to be duke (or whatever) of the lighthouse?  :P

I made more than all the other lords of D'Hara, excluding dukes. Which, I know, is a big exclusion.

You made about as much gold as me, the duke of Paisly, so....

Yea, the Lighthouse would be a bitchin' place to be lord of, come to think of it.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: October 10, 2011, 07:31:07 PM »
But Paisly imported a lot. If that stops due too big reserves, her income should increase by a lot. And the Dukes got lucky the Ruler Share was reset to 0% :)