Author Topic: Scout Report Sharing.  (Read 3788 times)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Scout Report Sharing.
« Topic Start: October 04, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »
Would be nice to be able to "Share Scout Report with the Army" manually from the Scout Report itself after the actual Scouting is done.

Also would be nice to be able to Share with all Armies/Realm ;)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Scout Report Sharing.
« Reply #1: October 04, 2011, 03:11:53 PM »
Would be nice to be able to "Share Scout Report with the Army" manually from the Scout Report itself after the actual Scouting is done.

Um...you can? The link is right below the scout report hash.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 04, 2011, 03:22:59 PM »
Um...you can? The link is right below the scout report hash.

No, I mean after you have stopped looking at the page. IE from the Scribe Notes page.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 04, 2011, 03:26:09 PM »
Yes, but very few people go looking compulsively at the scribe notes. People look at the messages count from the login pages.

I guess what the OP wants is something like the "you have x new message" that says "y new scout reports have been shared". Then people wouldn't have to manually copy the hashes and share them as messages.

Personally I don't think it's a huge problem, but it would be nice.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 04, 2011, 03:47:39 PM »
Also would be nice to be able to Share with all Armies/Realm ;)

^
This. Would. Be. Awesomesauce.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 04, 2011, 05:03:43 PM »
Yes, but very few people go looking compulsively at the scribe notes. People look at the messages count from the login pages.

I guess what the OP wants is something like the "you have x new message" that says "y new scout reports have been shared". Then people wouldn't have to manually copy the hashes and share them as messages.

Bah only incompetent Marshals and Generals dont look at scribe notes :D

Though what you have said is very nice, what I am after is the ability to share the scout reports without having send a message, when you have already moved away from looking at the Scout Report page that allows you to share it.

If that makes sense?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 07, 2011, 02:14:34 PM »
Sharing with the army only makes little sense. Odds are mulitple armies are often fighting together. And when they aren't, they likely will like to know where the enemy is anyways.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 07, 2011, 07:58:38 PM »

^this! It's so lame to copy your scribe notes, delete 'delete fresh' and send it to other people - even within the same army, just so they know you've done your job. Couldn't a small blue box be added (the same colour as reports) under standing orders? An extension of the current "There are X shared scribe notes"

I don't think reports should be shared outside of the army. Actively having to share them/send them around adds interaction as well as possible intrigue.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 07, 2011, 08:09:50 PM »
^this! It's so lame to copy your scribe notes, delete 'delete fresh' and send it to other people - even within the same army, just so they know you've done your job. Couldn't a small blue box be added (the same colour as reports) under standing orders? An extension of the current "There are X shared scribe notes"

I don't think reports should be shared outside of the army. Actively having to share them/send them around adds interaction as well as possible intrigue.

Interaction? I dunno, but when I'm in realms where the only messages are scout reports, I don't consider that to be interaction.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 07, 2011, 08:48:10 PM »
Interaction? I dunno, but when I'm in realms where the only messages are scout reports, I don't consider that to be interaction.

Of course not. But for some people out there those are the only letters they get, and for them it's just cool too see someone has been online. Or something :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 08, 2011, 02:34:34 AM »
Of course not. But for some people out there those are the only letters they get, and for them it's just cool too see someone has been online. Or something :P

However, if you get 0 messages, instead of 10 scout reports, it might prompt more people into "alright, we have a serious problem here" mode.