Author Topic: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?  (Read 79208 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?
« Reply #210: March 26, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
I recently provided Toupellon's King an opportunity to probably provoke war with Zonasa, but he wouldn't bite.

Why fight a richer and well equipped realm when you can beat the crap out of a weak one? ;D

Seriously though, don't worry, I don't think Zonasa has to wait too long before war is on its footsteps.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:00:07 AM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: March 26, 2012, 11:50:06 AM »
Uhhh...because a real war can get your plotting and half-insane nobles off your back and at least make them conspire against you quietly.   ;D

There is nothing more dangerous then nobles with too much time on their hands.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: March 26, 2012, 01:35:10 PM »
The incident with Zonasa could have been interesting. Except for two things: 1) our army was already mustered in the north to attack OW. Canceling the war we had already declared we were going to fight in the north to return south to fight Zonasa would have taken forever. And no doubt OW would have used the opportunity to attack our back. 2) Toupellon is already too damn big. The last thing we need is another duchy in the south. We already have a hard enough time controling our regions and keeping them all fed. Adding another city to the mix is insane.

So, you get points for trying, but then lose them for for trying to do something that was just the wrong thing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

bluexmas

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: March 26, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »
That so-called offer also came with a time limit of about 8 real-life hours. I don't think you're going to spark large wars with that kind of situation very often,  especially since Claude would have essentially needed declared war without support from the council or nobles at the same time as Toupellon had just declared war on Ohnar West. Intriguing from an OOC perspective, but not how Claude (or any reasonable King) operates.
The Finsternis family welcomes you.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #214: March 26, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »
Fair enough, all!

I wasn't saying it was smart or strategic or blah blah blah, was just saying I put my two cents into trying to help is all!  :P

and keeping them all fed. Adding another city to the mix is insane.

Haul feeds itself. It even produces a small surplus; it actually exports food from time to time.  :)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: March 26, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »
Yeah, I half expected that Galen would take Haul to Toupellon or just succeed.  Alas, would have been a good war.

I'm hoping that we will be able to get a war started with Toupellon soon.  Though with GA would be even more preferable, but we have even less justification to go to war there.

A war with Arcaea is always a possibility, too, but then we can't take any of their rurals . . . and we really need another rural.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: March 27, 2012, 12:20:12 AM »
or just succeed.  Alas, would have been a good war.

I assume you mean "secede" and Haul can't because it's not a city, it's a stronghold  :(
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #217: March 27, 2012, 01:09:47 AM »
I assume you mean "secede" and Haul can't because it's not a city, it's a stronghold  :(
Obviously I meant that you should be successful in your goals.

Yeah, secede, that.  Unfortunate, that could have really been fun.  Though the current mess is fun, too, even if it is probably going to end up kill the Church of Echad, which I really did want to see succeed.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: March 27, 2012, 02:02:39 AM »
Yeah, secede, that.  Unfortunate, that could have really been fun.  Though the current mess is fun, too, even if it is probably going to end up kill the Church of Echad, which I really did want to see succeed.

Meh, it may kill it who knows.

Like I've said it has been pretty unsuccessful anyways, and I was getting very bored with Galen. No one seemed interested in the Church at all, even the members lol.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: March 27, 2012, 02:36:57 AM »

Like I've said it has been pretty unsuccessful anyways, and I was getting very bored with Galen. No one seemed interested in the Church at all, even the members lol.

Big religions generate interest.

Speaking of... go nudge some people in Eston. Cyrilos needs more power to be able to really get things moving.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #220: March 27, 2012, 03:17:27 AM »
Big religions generate interest.

Speaking of... go nudge some people in Eston. Cyrilos needs more power to be able to really get things moving.

I was just thinking about Cyrilos/Warrior Saints/Eston today. I am going to send you an OOC maybe we can flesh some ideas out.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: March 27, 2012, 05:18:13 AM »
Yeah, I half expected that Galen would take Haul to Toupellon or just succeed.  Alas, would have been a good war.

I'm hoping that we will be able to get a war started with Toupellon soon.  Though with GA would be even more preferable, but we have even less justification to go to war there.

A war with Arcaea is always a possibility, too, but then we can't take any of their rurals . . . and we really need another rural.

Really? GA? I can understand you wanting to start a war, but to fabricate one with your tiny, weak ally?

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #222: March 27, 2012, 07:06:05 AM »

Eh, it seemed to be slowly growing, which is better than the Order of the Elders is doing . . . I think it was actually on track to becoming the main religion in Zonasa.  Not real soon, but eventually.  Morgan had actually been thinking about converting, which is politically impossible now.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: March 27, 2012, 09:28:08 AM »
Really? GA? I can understand you wanting to start a war, but to fabricate one with your tiny, weak ally?

Understand it from our point of view: they're fairly useless in a fight (and so not much use as allies except to drag us into fights to protect them), have land we want, and their ruler hasn't responded to any of my several attempts to communicate.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: April 19, 2012, 06:42:11 PM »
Wups... Not a superpower after all. At least, not for very long.

Letter from Claude Finsternis   (13 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (44 recipients)
Dear Nobles of Toupellon,

[...stuff...]

Aside from ceremonial duties and communication in this process, and with great sadness, I hereby dissolve the government of Toupellon.
Claude Finsternis
King of Toupellon
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.