Author Topic: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?  (Read 79219 times)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
Re: Protest Options?
« Reply #30: October 06, 2011, 05:52:28 AM »
Ahh, fond memories.  I got my start in Papania.  As I recall, though its been quite awhile, Remorse brought that down on Papania.  IIRC, he suddenly yanked Papania from what I think was the end of the war against Tony, and severed some previously close diplomatic ties.   When a battle ensued when a Northern military force attempted to cross Papania's lands, it was - in retrospect - a foreseeable and preventable accident.

Entirely out of curiousity, which was the accident? The change in diplomacy, the battle or the destruction of Papania? :)

I liked Papania, but they were another realm that hit a low and rather than climb back up, fell the rest of the way (or got pushed). If it wasn't for Remorse, Papania could well have grown instead. Funnily enough, the way things are going these days its a humorous possibility that a New Papania could emerge. Unlikely, as the "culture" didn't really persevere the way others like Sartania (thanks to its religion) has. Still, its one way of solving that too many nobles with not enough time to build a structure. Use one that was already there, but fix it. Eh.

Finn.