Author Topic: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?  (Read 79101 times)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Protest Options?
« Reply #45: October 06, 2011, 07:45:25 AM »
They've already asked Zonasa to annex them, actually.  It's still being debated in Council, but I imagine we'll probably go for it and see if we can have them do a friendly succession in a few months.

Under new, more competent (and Zonasan friendly) leadership, of course.

Oh boy that should be fun.

My character in Cathay is banned in Zonasa :D

Though, my Zonasan character would love to see a more. . . friendly established Realm where Cathay was.   

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: October 06, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
They've already asked Zonasa to annex them, actually.  It's still being debated in Council, but I imagine we'll probably go for it and see if we can have them do a friendly succession in a few months.

I thought realm mergers were even more frowned upon than strategic secessions?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: October 06, 2011, 11:39:28 AM »
I thought realm mergers were even more frowned upon than strategic secessions?

Again the devil is in the details

"Realm mergers are illegal. Realms may surrender to another, including annihilation of their lands, but they may not merge as equal entities on friendly terms."
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: October 06, 2011, 11:53:01 AM »
I liked Papania, but they were another realm that hit a low and rather than climb back up, fell the rest of the way (or got pushed). If it wasn't for Remorse, Papania could well have grown instead.

Heh, my fault. Veleno was Prime Minister of Papania, until I went on holiday and Remorse took over. Then he sacked her as Ambassador when I got back, so I wandered off to Ohnar West to bring her peace loving nature there instead :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: October 06, 2011, 04:04:44 PM »
Entirely out of curiousity, which was the accident? The change in diplomacy, the battle or the destruction of Papania? :)

I liked Papania, but they were another realm that hit a low and rather than climb back up, fell the rest of the way (or got pushed). If it wasn't for Remorse, Papania could well have grown instead.
Papania died of Apathy. They were long dead before Remorse took over. The realm was horribly sedentary, and almost completely irrelevant. In fact, the only relevancy they had left was the land on which they squatted, which someone else could put to much better use. (Ohnar West turned out to not be that realm after all...)

Papania's death was no accident. Nor were the sudden diplomatic shifts, or the severing of all ties with other realms. Remorse knew that without some serious shaking up, Papania would continue to fade into irrelevancy until someone decided to just put them out of their misery. So he decided to give Papania one last hurrah. He deliberately put the realm into a situation where they needed to either wake up and rejoin the living, or just get the dying part over with.

The Papanians choose to "get the dying part over with".
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?
« Reply #50: October 06, 2011, 04:30:51 PM »
Hey, I have an idea! What if Akanos and Ozrat switched allegiance to Sasrhas? The the Toupellon capital could be moved to Anacan, thus being more central. They can then absorb Azros and Leod in their realm, it is doubtful they could survive by themselves anyway.

I cannot imagine any reason why this wouldn't work.  ::)
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: October 06, 2011, 07:00:04 PM »
Moderator note: Strategic secession discussion split off to General Discussion board.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: October 06, 2011, 07:00:35 PM »
Hey, I have an idea! What if Akanos and Ozrat switched allegiance to Sasrhas? The the Toupellon capital could be moved to Anacan, thus being more central. They can then absorb Azros and Leod in their realm, it is doubtful they could survive by themselves anyway.

I cannot imagine any reason why this wouldn't work.  ::)
Dayum! Why didn't I think of that?

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: October 06, 2011, 07:13:51 PM »
No, more like arbitrarily creating new rules on what hoops a realm has to jump through before they are allowed to call their ruler a king.

Would be news to any of us in GA who's not the ruler. We don't get much heads up on what goes on.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: October 06, 2011, 07:37:28 PM »
When Anatole seceded, he decided to use Prince as his ruler title, rather than King. I forget why, and it's not important. Many people in Toupellon felt this was demeaning, and made their realm look inferior, so Anatole decided to change it to King. Well, King Guy of Aenilia decided to arbitrarily create some kind of official criteria for who is and who is not allowed to use the title of King:

"King Guy of Aenilia pinpointed that to officially switch to the title of king, you need the accord of two or more other rulers."

I think that the underlined part is a direct quote. Anatole italicized it in his IG message.

There's no word as to if this applies only to the title of "King", or if it would apply to any other related title, such as "High King" or  "King of the West", or to any other title that could be interpreted as higher in rank than a king, like "Emperor".

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: October 06, 2011, 07:39:36 PM »
It should be noted that at the time King Guy said this, Toupellon was already allied to both Aenilia and Arcaea. So apparently King Guy had no problem recognizing that Toupellon was indeed a legitimate and sovereign realm. He just apparently objected to calling yourself a King without the Aenilian Stamp of Approval.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: October 06, 2011, 08:29:44 PM »
Wow.  I didn't realize that Aenilia was the ruler title police.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: October 06, 2011, 09:09:50 PM »
That's...really kinda lame. Guy must be very, very bored.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: October 06, 2011, 09:17:37 PM »
That's...really kinda lame. Guy must be very, very bored.

You know what else happens when you're bored.  You look for wars :D

You know you could always MAKE Aenelia recognize it. . .

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: October 06, 2011, 09:31:21 PM »
I don't think there's anyone Aenilia can war without breaking their treaty with Arcaea. Toupellon, maybe? The remnants of Cathay?