Author Topic: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?  (Read 78112 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?
« Reply #30: October 05, 2011, 07:22:28 AM »
However, a split is entirely possible and would work well with various other plans.
I'm hoping (OOCly, of course  8)) that it just totally collapses into a massive cluster!@#$.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 05, 2011, 07:32:51 AM »
I'm hoping (OOCly, of course  8)) that it just totally collapses into a massive cluster!@#$.

I'm hoping IC that it happens :D

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 05, 2011, 08:10:45 AM »
It would make for a good story for the grand children.  :o
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Protest Options?
« Reply #33: October 05, 2011, 04:50:32 PM »
Thing is, she's hated OW for years, and has tried several times to get it killed off. It almost worked with the Arcachon/Aenilia war. This seemed like another good way to try.

Wait, wait, wait. So all this time Velax has been talking with Taylin and Taylin's been bitching about all the useless Ohnarians sabotaging the war effort, and it's been her sabotaging things?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 05, 2011, 04:54:32 PM »
Wait, wait, wait. So all this time Velax has been talking with Taylin and Taylin's been bitching about all the useless Ohnarians sabotaging the war effort, and it's been her sabotaging things?

It would be easier to figure out who wasn't sabotaging things.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 05, 2011, 05:21:57 PM »
* Indirik whistles innocently...

Getting the wars started was the hard part. Then some gentle nudging in the right places to keep it going as long as I could. Plus following a couple of the ... less intelligent ... orders from various generals. Things that I normally would have questioned or convinced the general were a bad idea. etc.

It would be easier to figure out who wasn't sabotaging things.
QFT. I don't think there's *ever* been a war for Ohnar West that a significant portion of the realm did not oppose.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 05, 2011, 05:35:44 PM »
Sigh. You know, if Ohnar had got its act together and been able to handle Arcachon, Arcaea would have been able to take out Aenilia. You could have sabotaged Ohnar all you wanted after that.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: October 05, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »
Sigh. You know, if Ohnar had got its act together and been able to handle Arcachon, Arcaea would have been able to take out Aenilia. You could have sabotaged Ohnar all you wanted after that.
At the time, Taylin really didn't care about *destroying* Aenilia. Xarnelf was dead, and that was good enough for her.

Now, however, Aenilia is up to their usual tricks again. That may be inspiring her to review their position on The List.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: October 06, 2011, 01:15:14 AM »
At the time, Taylin really didn't care about *destroying* Aenilia. Xarnelf was dead, and that was good enough for her.

Xarnelf died in the last battle of the war, so "good enough for Taylin" didn't happen until waaaaaay past the point that OW would have been useful to Arcaea. In fact, Xarnelf was still alive around the time that Arcachon was roflstomping their way through OW.

Now, however, Aenilia is up to their usual tricks again. That may be inspiring her to review their position on The List.

Usual tricks being droning about killing rogues and reading lengthy RP mono- or dialogues about foodstuffs? The most excitement we've had was a day of wondering if Lord Windmere was going to switch Ahael before or after marching onto our pointy spears.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:19:08 AM by Huntsmaster »
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: October 06, 2011, 03:05:03 AM »
No, more like arbitrarily creating new rules on what hoops a realm has to jump through before they are allowed to call their ruler a king.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: October 06, 2011, 03:19:30 AM »
No, more like arbitrarily creating new rules on what hoops a realm has to jump through before they are allowed to call their ruler a king.

Why does anybody even bother listening to GA anymore. Their opinion is about the only one less relevant then Thains.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: October 06, 2011, 04:21:33 AM »
* Indirik whistles innocently...
QFT. I don't think there's *ever* been a war for Ohnar West that a significant portion of the realm did not oppose.

Papania. To the best of my recollection, there was little enough problem turning on OW's former friends at that stage. Sorta a C'thornia issue, where watching the wreak of a car crash had gone on for too long.

Like everyone else, I'm intrigued. Thing is, there has to be politics at play. As it stands, the realm is unsustainable. It'd be fine if the capital was in Ozrat and the realm went down to Lenamaziel, but all the way to Toap and Pates? As it stands, we're looking at two, maybe three, realms coming out of all of this. I don't count Cathay as I'm doubtful for their continued survival. I could (and have) looked at the various splits that could take place, but I and most everyone else here is likely to get more information IC, as the various Dukes have a chat and the other Rulers offer politely-worded suggestions. Fun.

You were doing a top-notch job at bringing down OW, Tim, before all these secessions sped things up. They weren't gaining much credability by all the rogue regions that even up until this new realm were still plaguing OW, inclusive of Arcachon's second route to the mainland. I just have to ask, how far back does Taylin's "sabotaging" go?

Finn.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: October 06, 2011, 05:46:06 AM »
Papania.

Ahh, fond memories.  I got my start in Papania.  As I recall, though its been quite awhile, Remorse brought that down on Papania.  IIRC, he suddenly yanked Papania from what I think was the end of the war against Tony, and severed some previously close diplomatic ties.   When a battle ensued when a Northern military force attempted to cross Papania's lands, it was - in retrospect - a foreseeable and preventable accident.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: October 06, 2011, 05:52:28 AM »
Ahh, fond memories.  I got my start in Papania.  As I recall, though its been quite awhile, Remorse brought that down on Papania.  IIRC, he suddenly yanked Papania from what I think was the end of the war against Tony, and severed some previously close diplomatic ties.   When a battle ensued when a Northern military force attempted to cross Papania's lands, it was - in retrospect - a foreseeable and preventable accident.

Entirely out of curiousity, which was the accident? The change in diplomacy, the battle or the destruction of Papania? :)

I liked Papania, but they were another realm that hit a low and rather than climb back up, fell the rest of the way (or got pushed). If it wasn't for Remorse, Papania could well have grown instead. Funnily enough, the way things are going these days its a humorous possibility that a New Papania could emerge. Unlikely, as the "culture" didn't really persevere the way others like Sartania (thanks to its religion) has. Still, its one way of solving that too many nobles with not enough time to build a structure. Use one that was already there, but fix it. Eh.

Finn.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: October 06, 2011, 07:08:19 AM »
I don't count Cathay as I'm doubtful for their continued survival.
They've already asked Zonasa to annex them, actually.  It's still being debated in Council, but I imagine we'll probably go for it and see if we can have them do a friendly succession in a few months.

Under new, more competent (and Zonasan friendly) leadership, of course.