Author Topic: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?  (Read 79279 times)

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
Re: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?
« Reply #75: October 07, 2011, 03:20:24 PM »
Well, no, it doesn't. But I assumed we were talking about realms it actually made sense for Aenilia to attack. Given Zonasa, and to a lesser extent Kindara, are the only reasons Aenilia still exists, I assumed they'd be pretty much off limits for attacking.
You'd be surprised.  They've been known to be surprising ungrateful about us saving their butts.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: October 07, 2011, 03:31:30 PM »
You'd be surprised.  They've been known to be surprising ungrateful about us saving their butts.

I'm not even sure it's that. It's almost that they took it for granted that you would.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: October 07, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »
Also: bye-bye Ossaet, Ohnar West will miss you.
Son of a ...

So, how long before the only three realms left on FEI are Toupellon, Arcaea, and Arcachon?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: October 07, 2011, 06:43:50 PM »
Son of a ...

So, how long before the only three realms left on FEI are Toupellon, Arcaea, and Arcachon?
I don't think Kindara and Zonasa are about to go anywhere, at least not soon.

Aenila, can't say for sure.  Zonasa wouldn't mind some of their farmland. . . .

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: October 07, 2011, 07:07:26 PM »

True, but I don't think they'd go as far in their ungratefulness as to attack us. :P

I don't think Kindara and Zonasa are about to go anywhere, at least not soon.

I think he was joking. :P

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: October 07, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »
How long before Arcachon can run a 24% tax rate?

We all know the final players will be Kindara, Toup, and Arcaea.  Arcachon likely becomes a vassal state of...wait...oh that's right, Arcachon already -is- effectively a vassal state as Anatole outranks Ciann.

My money is still on Kindara coming out the big winner here.  They're essentially taking the entire south, have good borders and no meaningful enemies.  Lady T IMHO is currently the best ruler in the FEI at expansion and consolidation and really seems to have 'it' diplomatically.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: October 07, 2011, 10:16:05 PM »

We all know the final players will be Kindara, Toup, and Arcaea.  Arcachon likely becomes a vassal state of...wait...oh that's right, Arcachon already -is- effectively a vassal state as Anatole outranks Ciann.

My money is still on Kindara coming out the big winner here.  They're essentially taking the entire south, have good borders and no meaningful enemies.  Lady T IMHO is currently the best ruler in the FEI at expansion and consolidation and really seems to have 'it' diplomatically.

Not to mention that they have the sea as their biggest neighbour ;) so they can't be attacked from too many directions.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: October 08, 2011, 03:04:40 AM »

I'd take Kindara. Sea protecting the border to the west, south, and southeast. To do anything, but harass the Hatdhes duchy, an attack has to come through Hathdes, or slug it out through Zonasa lands.

Maybe Hatdhes can become so famous as Anacan. http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Antoza_Commonwealth/Battle_of_Anacan

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: October 08, 2011, 08:29:54 AM »
Kindara is indeed in a nice position, and Jenred's playing a risky game.  If it works, it'll work big.  If not, then Kindara should inherit the island.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: October 08, 2011, 10:30:55 AM »

Hey, Joseph outranked you too, and you never listened to him!
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: October 08, 2011, 01:11:28 PM »

Hey, Joseph outranked you too, and you never listened to him!

She listened to Veleno on occasion :D

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: October 09, 2011, 06:51:07 AM »
Solerifum.

I don't think Kindara is any more bulletproof than Arcaea. Its said that history repeats itself, but with the rulers in the two above (not Solerifum) realms I'd suspect neither will have to worry about too serious a war for a while. Heh, I do think we could see a FEI cold war eventually though. A lot is weighed on by what happens with all these Caergoth and Ohnar West duchies. If a big enough chunk stick together, they'll be doing well too.

Fun times.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: October 09, 2011, 06:55:42 AM »
Yeah, people in Zonasa have actually said that Kindara looks set to become the new Soliferium.

I say, Soliferium died, and so can Kindara.  For now, I'm happy to have them as an ally.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #88: October 09, 2011, 11:38:31 AM »
I see the resemblence too, but as a noble of Kindara to say that out loud against my peers wouldn't be the wisest decision given their history with Soliferum.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: October 09, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »
I see the resemblence too, but as a noble of Kindara to say that out loud against my peers wouldn't be the wisest decision given their history with Soliferum.

That's why we all say it OOC  ;D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)