Author Topic: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?  (Read 79283 times)

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?
« Reply #90: October 09, 2011, 05:08:42 PM »
I see the resemblence too, but as a noble of Kindara to say that out loud against my peers wouldn't be the wisest decision given their history with Soliferum.

As fellow Kindaran, I also think that we are precariously walking the line XD All that's left if for those gosh darn republicans to have their way...Devan needs to come back and lecture some more.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: October 09, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »
Yeah, people in Zonasa have actually said that Kindara looks set to become the new Soliferium.

I say, Soliferium died, and so can Kindara.  For now, I'm happy to have them as an ally.

I think the big difference between Soliferum, and Kindara is that in Kindara we have a strong alliance with Zonasa. And Kindara doesn't have Viracocha as judge, that is a big advantage.

Zonasa made lots of friends in Kindara over the support against the attempted Cathayan TO of Edain.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: October 09, 2011, 06:35:33 PM »
I had a character in Soliferum as well as one now in Kindara, and I can safely say Tissaphernes is nothing like Conan whatsoever. The only resemblance Kindara has to Soliferum is the territory it occupies.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: October 10, 2011, 04:53:19 AM »
I think the big difference between Soliferum, and Kindara is that in Kindara we have a strong alliance with Zonasa. And Kindara doesn't have Viracocha as judge, that is a big advantage.

Zonasa made lots of friends in Kindara over the support against the attempted Cathayan TO of Edain.
Soliferium and Zonasa were federated at one point, too.  Just saying.

But yeah, I think most of Zonasa -- at least in the Council -- favor working together with Kindara against common rivals.  But we're still careful at the same time.  We remember Soliferium very well -- we were allied with them and fought on their side at first.  Then they started to bully us and drag us into fights we didn't want.  Nobody wants that again.

But Kindara does seem to have better leadership, so, point in their favor.

Longmane

• Noble Lord
  • Longmane Family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: October 10, 2011, 01:28:57 PM »

With both of my Zonasan chars being former Soliferums, and indeed with Elk having been privy to all Conans planing leading up to and through the great war,  I can indubitably agree on that point  :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:16:59 PM by Longmane »
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.  "Albert Einstein"

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: October 10, 2011, 08:23:43 PM »
vonGenf, I was always OOC suprised Joseph tried to convince Ciann of stuff instead of just pulling Holy Rank and flat out ordering her by virtue of his position.  He could have just passed a Holy Writ and demanded she surrender the throne and presto-chango, she'd have put Ryeena back in charge.

Anatole's letters are basically "I'm an elder, I know what's right."  Which saves Arcachon a lot of thinking, which is good as Arcachon is not so good at the thinking.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: October 10, 2011, 09:37:48 PM »
Soliferium and Zonasa were federated at one point, too.  Just saying.

But yeah, I think most of Zonasa -- at least in the Council -- favor working together with Kindara against common rivals.  But we're still careful at the same time.  We remember Soliferium very well -- we were allied with them and fought on their side at first.  Then they started to bully us and drag us into fights we didn't want.  Nobody wants that again.

But Kindara does seem to have better leadership, so, point in their favor.

Soliferum was power-hungry and expansionist.   Somehow Zonasa managed to keep blinders on long enough to actually "defend" (aka help) Soliferum every time it bulllied someone into a war :P   It was just a matter of time once the other Southern Realms were gone until Soliferum either made Zonasa it's pet or turned on it and consumed its land. . .

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: October 11, 2011, 11:38:28 AM »
vonGenf, I was always OOC suprised Joseph tried to convince Ciann of stuff instead of just pulling Holy Rank and flat out ordering her by virtue of his position.  He could have just passed a Holy Writ and demanded she surrender the throne and presto-chango, she'd have put Ryeena back in charge.

Anatole's letters are basically "I'm an elder, I know what's right."  Which saves Arcachon a lot of thinking, which is good as Arcachon is not so good at the thinking.

I guess it's not really Joseph's style... he wouldn't have this kind of respect for superiors, and he doesn't expect it from others.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

TDLR

• Freeman
  • Having Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: October 14, 2011, 05:33:03 PM »
Soliferum was power-hungry and expansionist.   Somehow Zonasa managed to keep blinders on long enough to actually "defend" (aka help) Soliferum every time it bulllied someone into a war :P   It was just a matter of time once the other Southern Realms were gone until Soliferum either made Zonasa it's pet or turned on it and consumed its land. . .

Exactly. Which is why it kinda irks me when I get (still to this day) OOC messages regarding "backstabbing" Soliferum. Erandi sent repeated messages to Conan, and went through various channels to gather a big 'grievance list' (as Phellan can attest to). When all this was basically thrown back in his face, war was declared (but not before some tension was created between Erandi and Jenred/Edara :) ). I don't care about it too much when presented IC, because not every character knows the details, but getting OOC messages is... unfortunate.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -- Winston Churchill

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: October 14, 2011, 05:43:48 PM »
*shrugs* I wasn't around at the time Soliferum was destroyed, but I was around before that and I know how close Soliferum and Zonasa were. And, from what I've been told, the way it appeared to everyone outside Zonasa was that you supported Soliferum right up until the point where it was obvious Soliferum was going to lose, then declared war, took Alanurs and declared peace again. Whether that's true or not, and no matter your justifications, that's the way it appeared to those outside your realm and such behaviour is going to leave an impression on both characters and players.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: October 14, 2011, 07:14:04 PM »
*shrugs* I wasn't around at the time Soliferum was destroyed, but I was around before that and I know how close Soliferum and Zonasa were. And, from what I've been told, the way it appeared to everyone outside Zonasa was that you supported Soliferum right up until the point where it was obvious Soliferum was going to lose, then declared war, took Alanurs and declared peace again. Whether that's true or not, and no matter your justifications, that's the way it appeared to those outside your realm and such behaviour is going to leave an impression on both characters and players.

Wow.  It seems we did a really good job of keeping our secrets.  I think we were actually worried that we had a leak, the fact that it seems no one outside the council knows exactly how long we had been talking about fighting Soliferium (there were people talking about it from just about the moment the war began) is actually quite reassuring.  We did a good job.

. . . perhaps too good for our own image.

Longmane

• Noble Lord
  • Longmane Family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: October 14, 2011, 08:47:07 PM »
Wow.  It seems we did a really good job of keeping our secrets.  I think we were actually worried that we had a leak, the fact that it seems no one outside the council knows exactly how long we had been talking about fighting Soliferium (there were people talking about it from just about the moment the war began) is actually quite reassuring.  We did a good job.

From a Soliferum viewpoint it's not a matter of nobody even suspecting things weren't all they seemed to be concerning our relationship with Zonasa, but a matter of a certain someone simply burying his head further and further into the sand as the war went on and as such refusing listen to any warnings, as for many the alarm bells began ringing well before you openly declared war on us.  :o
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.  "Albert Einstein"

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: October 14, 2011, 09:07:55 PM »
But yeah, I think most of Zonasa -- at least in the Council -- favor working together with Kindara against common rivals. 

So I guess you haven't met Oradrikkon?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: October 14, 2011, 10:25:33 PM »
So I guess you haven't met Oradrikkon?
More I haven't gotten to know him.  I don't actually know his views very well.  Which is really something I should correct.

Though by 'council' I meant the message group advising the Regent, not government positions.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: October 15, 2011, 02:48:40 AM »

Speaking as one of the driving forces of the anti-Soli coalition...Yeah, that never got out.  I had no idea it was anything other than Conan being stupid about...Razrpot?  One of those regions.  Went rogue, Zonasa moved to take it, Conan made stupid threats, and Zonasa called his bluff.

If there was anything else behind it, I don't think anyone outside of Zonasa ever heard about it.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"