Author Topic: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?  (Read 79270 times)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Toupellon: The next FEI superpower?
« Reply #150: December 04, 2011, 06:53:04 PM »
Bedwyr how long ago was it that Selene Octavius had Wilson contact you?

Now that I think on it... NeoSartania had just been founded when I first contacted anyone again.  It had been months sense I last told anyone of my plans

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: December 05, 2011, 04:45:42 PM »
I'm thoroughly impressed by it. Though my character has attributed it all to Jenred and has now a great respect for him, poor Wilson :P

every war (and I mean every war, I can't think of a single exception) he's fought has been won by the other side screwing up in some spectacular fashion allowing him to take advantage of it

Jeez, and poor Velax is just chopped liver.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: December 05, 2011, 10:26:08 PM »
Jeez, and poor Velax is just chopped liver.

Heh.  Velax is great...But you of all people know the military difficulties Arcaea has.  It just isn't a real military power the way, say, Perdan is.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #153: December 05, 2011, 11:22:21 PM »
I think there are only a few realms can match Perdan in terms of military power. Sirion is good with defending but can't say much about their offensive (killing off Fontan and SoA wasn't really great.). Maybe CE in Atamara? They are the largest realm aren't they? Or SA as a whole?

P.S Velax is great. So is Jenred :)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #154: December 05, 2011, 11:54:50 PM »
People have said that CE isn't all that great in terms of military. I believe those were the same people who are currently losing ground to this CE realm. I'm not really sure what it's all about though. Might just be the tried and true strategy of "My big ball of doom is bigger than yours".

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: December 06, 2011, 04:52:32 AM »
Sirion's ability to mobilise is terrifying, I've seen them put 20K CS in the field.

Realms on BT tend to be pretty militarily effective, although I dont think there's really a standout like Perdan.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Zakilevo

« Reply #156: December 06, 2011, 05:23:08 AM »
That is because Sirion barely has any militia and with their crazy distribution system, everyone gets enough units.

I think the last two years or a year and a half proved that even realms like Perdan and Ibladesh at their peak cannot deal with two realms at the same time.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: December 06, 2011, 05:24:18 AM »
20k is a good sized mobile force, but hardly even close to the largest forces fielded in the game.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #158: December 06, 2011, 05:25:55 AM »
Well in the good old days, 20k wasn't that much. Now with dwindled noble counts, it is getting harder to see a single realm gathering over 20k CS.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: December 06, 2011, 06:44:42 AM »
Arcaea had twenty...eight? thousand when we marched on Zonasa a year or two back.  Sirion should be able to put thirty thousand in the field, easy, and I have trouble believing they can't get forty.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #160: December 06, 2011, 06:57:04 AM »
Sirion never reached over 20k CS for some reason. Couldn't refit for two weeks while Sirion was being bashed by five realms and when the tide turned, Sirion did not need over 20k CS to crush Fontan and SoA. We did have 5k or so staying behind cleaning up monsters and performing other tasks but just did not bother to hit that 30k mark.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: December 06, 2011, 04:23:25 PM »
Wasn't Anatole holding together Toupellon with an iron will? What's in store for Toupa?
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: December 06, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »
Sadly, the player of Anatole had some pretty heavy RL obligations that apparently were more involved than he anticipated. I do hope that he is well.

As for Toupellon, who knows what the future holds? There are several prestigious nobles in the realm who would stand a good chance at claiming the throne. Whether or not the realm can hold together with Anatole gone is another question.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: December 07, 2011, 08:11:39 PM »
Toupellon has a lot of would-be rulers and hardly any structure. Anatole had lots of friends but he did very little in terms of defining Toupellon outside of 'it's a Kingdom that's not Ohnar West and it's not Cathay.' But all the actual magnates are the same ones from Ohnar West and Cathay: James, two Quinceys, Taylin, Vulpes. There's only one new Duke in the entire mix (Claude). Several of the region lords are new(er) but I would bet on Toupellon's fate coming down to whether it survives its first crisis, no matter who takes the throne.

Cathay in its latter days and Ohnar were both dominated by very weak central governments and very powerful Dukes whose decisions (or non-decisions) had a lot more to do with what happened than the ruler. I haven't seen any evidence that Toupellon is any different -- Anatole didn't make a lot of enemies (outside of neo-Cathay's signposts) precisely because he rarely rocked the boat.

bluexmas

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: December 09, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
For anyone interested in the crazy election Toupellon just had, here are the results:

The referendum "Vote for the Ruler" has ended. Here is the final tally:
31 votes for Claude
17 votes for Galiard
13 votes for Joseph
12 votes for Merlin
10 votes for James
2 votes for Stephanie
0 abstentions
108 votes were not cast
The Finsternis family welcomes you.