BattleMaster > Magistrates Case Archive

Accusations of cheating

(1/17) > >>

BattleMaster Server:
Summary:Accusations of cheatingViolation:Do not publicly accuse anyone of cheating, abuses or violatiWorld:Far EastComplainer:George DionAbout:David . D
Full Complaint Text:
Since I cannot make a complaints through Anatole, my character in the Far East, I am making the complaints here.

The aforementioned player along with the player of Optimus in Cathay, Far East are accusing me and other individuals of ooc cooperation in the formation of the realm Toupellon.  

I have not met any of those players, neither do I know them.

The player of Vanimedle' family is making idle accusations and spoiling the game both ic and ooc for everyone.

Here is an ooc message from him:

Out-of-Character from Farnese Vanimedle' (2 hours, 19 minutes ago) Message sent to everyone in your realm (37 recipients) The obvious OOC overtones for a lot of what has happened in Toupellon screams of OOC friends, the secession of Colasan, and then Ozrat was planned by friends for ages in advance, and then all the titles and appointments were given to certain players the moment they joined, and were reserved until they joined.

And here is the ooc message of Don Smith, player of Optimus.

Out-of-Character from Optimus McGahee   (2 hours ago)
Message sent to the Rulers of Far East (8 recipients)
I RP the game and enjoy it no matter what happens, I have played the game for nearly 10 years,  

But some use the game in different ways and thats why I never play on Atamara and mostly stay here on FEI, but this ooc message is disturbing and sad if true.  

The Dukes of Colasan and Ozrat were OOC friends and planned this well in advance, together they drew up an agreement to divy out titles, they reserved all other titles for specific players they knew would join, then appointed them without so much of an explanation or any realm wide discourse happening. No one gets a say in who is appointed to what or why, and no one is invited to discuss it, the circle of friends who created Toupellon already agreed on how to distribute all power and they aren't letting the IC side of things get in the way of that.  

Nothing is being done In Character, it is all Out of Character, they are signing alliances as fast as possible without even making treaties or discussing it, all the appointments are done as fast as possible to certain players, no discussion, no roleplay, it's all been clearly contrived from the start. As for roleplay, there isn't a shred of it, as for the Prince actually building a realm, all he does is pick his friends for positions and he never talks unless it is to argue with some one.  

Enjoy your day fellas
Don Smith

Indirik:
My character recently joined Toupellon, the realm that this is about. So, I'm not so sure I should be involved in this decision. However, this case is not about whether or not Toupellon was involved in any OOC shenanigans (it wasn't...) but whether or not these accusations consist of a breach of the social contract.

Anatole:
The above post is created by me, the player of Anatole.

The accusations are a direct breach of BM's social contract . Article 2 states: Do not publicly accuse anyone of cheating, abuses or violations of this contract without proof or evidence.

As such I feel that the player of the aforementioned family not only breached it but is currently causing a turmoil of ooc messaged throughout the Far East. An intervention is needed before ic is confused with ooc and things get out of hand.

I thank you for stating that there was no ooc involvement in the realm I created and hope you enjoy your character's future there.

Nathan:
Should there not be a separate case for each of the players accusing George of cheating?

Geronus:
From the Social Contract posted on the Wiki:

Do not publicly accuse anyone of cheating, abuses or violations of this contract without proof or evidence.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Social_Contract

I would say that the reported incident is a fairly clear cut violation of this clause. More to the point, even if the players making the accusations actually do have evidence, airing it to the entire realm in OOC discussion is not the appropriate course of action. The evidence, if any, should be submitted to the Titans for investigation. However, right now I'm not sure about whether this applies to the second player. It looks like he was quoting from someone else, then stating his opinion concerning the allegations, rather than making any accusations himself. It would be the original message he quoted that would be problematic from the standpoint of the social contract.

As to Nathan's question, I don't know that a separate case is needed just yet. Certainly the ruling can be applied to more than one person if that is deemed appropriate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version