Author Topic: Accusations of cheating  (Read 33122 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Accusations of cheating
« Reply #75: October 14, 2011, 04:42:20 PM »
Lets look at a counter claim shall we?

“Powergaming (or power gaming) is a style of interacting with games or game-like systems with the aim of maximising progress towards a specific goal, to the exclusion of other considerations such as (in videogames, boardgames, and roleplaying games) storytelling, atmosphere and camaraderie.”

If there’s no roleplay and little in the way of IC storytelling then surely this mass succession in F.E.I. to create a superstate is “maximising progress towards a specific goal, to the exclusion of other considerations”.

And yet what did you have with Toupellon but a lack of roleplay, a lack of IC explanation or depth or anything. I mean the other realms didn’t even address the issue with War. Ignoring the >massive< oathbreaking and geo-political powershifts, which if it was an SMA continent would be nigh inexcusable from an IC perspective,  and yet loads of realms were simply cowed into signing Peace with the new realm out of, I expect, a mix of shock and a fear of standing up for themselves for fear of being entirely destroyed. Though is seems Cathay is to be the exception.

This right here is the problem though - you make sweeping claims and fail to provide any evidence. How do you know this wasn't extensively RPed and planned IC through private channels of communication? Not all RP must be in the public realm. The messages that have been shared with us amount to an accusation of abuse - that the players involved in the creation of Toupellon are guilty of OOC collusion and power gaming. Clanning, basically.

This accusation is defamatory, and without evidence it is also libelous. I have yet to see any evidence, either in the original messages or provided in your post. All I see is simple conjecture. On the other hand anecdotal evidence has been given that one result of this affair has been real damage to the OOC reputation of Toupellon and by extension the players in it. That's hardly fair now, is it? It's why this clause in the Social Contract exists in the first place. No accusations without proof.

So I ask you, since you clearly agree with David D.: Do you have any evidence that Toupellon was planned OOC, that there was, as you say, no IC interaction or RP behind its creation? If the answer is no, then I would still view this as a violation of the Social Contract.