Author Topic: Accusations of cheating  (Read 33100 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Accusations of cheating
« Reply #75: October 14, 2011, 06:27:05 PM »
Anatole's purpose was to create a new realm, having the element of surprise along with the support of people who have grown to be fed up with both OW and Cathay. What did anyone expect me to do? Shout it throughout the Far East? Hey guys, I'm planning to secede and spread chaos throughout the midnorthern Far East, nearly destroying two realms that have existed for years in the process. Yeah, I just wanted you to know before I do anything that I am also planning to appoint certain people who aided in the process in goverment seats, in case you confused that with ooc favouritism.

Gee, that argument really works! Excellent roleplaying basis and I can really see now the substance that David and some others mention. How could I not see that before? Let us also change the social contract to: Surprises are prohibited, when you want to do anything please inform all the people who will badmouth you if you don't. Everyone is invited to the party, we have cookies.

I completely agree; broadcasting your intent ahead of time is suicidal and stupid.

However, one thing that's done far too rarely is to document at least some of the important moments in the planning of such an event, and work them up into a roleplay to be released once everything's already done and no one can use the information against you anymore.  Not only does it show what went into the planning (thus deflecting some of the criticisms leveled against you here), but it's really cool to read! ;D  You can also see it as sort of a justified brag, "See how all our careful planning has now come to fruition? Aren't we awesome?"

It would be really fun if more people would do that sort of thing (and now I'm thinking about starting to document some of my own plotting, so as to practice what I preach!).
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan