Author Topic: Religious power rankings  (Read 44787 times)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: Religious power rankings
« Reply #120: November 09, 2012, 06:33:13 AM »
And used for CoH propaganda. >.>

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: November 09, 2012, 06:33:46 AM »
And used for CoH propaganda. >.>

Elaborate?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #122: November 09, 2012, 06:51:01 AM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Church_of_Humanity/Reliquary

In particular:
Caspius of Poryatu the Martyr, Murdered by agents of the corrupt Church of Sartan in Ozrat 17 Aug 1012. Recanted the corruption of Sartan, was slain when it was discovered he had accepted the Divine's Light.

The player found it amusing. :P

We frequently do such with those who oppose us in some way.  After all, who is to say otherwise?  The dead?  They cannot refute it.  Their murderers?  They have motive to lie, assuming they can even speak!  Did similar with Balkeese Indirik as well.

We even have:
Saint Saerden, First Martyr of Perdan. Patron of Battle, Paladins, and Victory.

Some of that sound familiar?  Yes, we claim the Ibladeshi corrupted one of our holy Saints into their Sartan.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:01:12 AM by Draco Tanos »

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: November 15, 2012, 05:35:10 AM »
The player found it amusing. :P

I was quite impressed, whilst being satisfied, as I reveled in my fake accomplishments.

Praise be to Caspius of Poryatu the Martyr!
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: November 23, 2012, 04:00:47 PM »
It wasn't too bad but then the only warlike one got excommunicated and murdered.

You all assume too much I believe. Lately there has been some dynamic shifting within the Church also due to the influences of the CoI. Maybe I''m kinda responsible for that, who knows?... However Aeneas in this case has seen the CoI crumble (and he blames many things for that) and would be careful to see that happen on FEI. Doesn't mean the Church does not go to war. However due to the delicate context of Arcaea and Cathay (their only possible friends really) not accepting religious powerplay, it is suicide for the Church to just war every "evil" religion as you saw in the Last huge war with Kindara and PoZ.

We'll see how long the church lasts this time. The last time I managed to destroy it by going to war with Arcachon and Arcaea, backed up by Lasanar. When Lasanar fell, so did Sartania and the church, almost then. Hope my chars do better this time for their sake haha.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: November 23, 2012, 05:10:46 PM »
Last time you picked Lasanar after the brain drain of most of Lasanar's experienced players leaving for Cathay. Lasanar under Vulpes was a disaster every time he became PM but they kept electing him.