Author Topic: Religious power rankings  (Read 44255 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Religious power rankings
« Topic Start: October 04, 2011, 11:22:03 PM »
Following the same line as the one for realms, I'd like to find out how we all think religious stack up for power.

I may be slightly biased as an elder of Adgharinism in saying that I think we're the most powerful, followed by The Order of The Elders, The Church of Sartan and then Magna Aenillia Ecclesia.

Adgharinism has Arcachon, most of Ohnar West, a large portion of Toupellon, some of Arcaea, and we even have a temple in Zonasa. We have two rulers, plenty of Lords, a few Dukes, some Ambassadors and a large lot of knights. I'd be interested to know how other religions stack up to this to see if I'm right about my list.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Religious power rankings
« Reply #1: October 05, 2011, 12:47:27 AM »
Following the same line as the one for realms, I'd like to find out how we all think religious stack up for power.

I may be slightly biased as an elder of Adgharinism in saying that I think we're the most powerful, followed by The Order of The Elders, The Church of Sartan and then Magna Aenillia Ecclesia.

Adgharinism has Arcachon, most of Ohnar West, a large portion of Toupellon, some of Arcaea, and we even have a temple in Zonasa. We have two rulers, plenty of Lords, a few Dukes, some Ambassadors and a large lot of knights. I'd be interested to know how other religions stack up to this to see if I'm right about my list.

Cra'ithil has a couple of Dukes, some of the best infilitrators on the islands and backing for glorious plans of expansion, does that count? Magna Aenillia Ecclesia has a lot of temples, and some high ranked members, but what does it actually do, very very little. If the revival goes well then I would consider it a power, otherwise its just a club some people belong to.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 05, 2011, 12:52:17 AM »
MAE has three rulers (though Cathay counts in name only), a judge and two generals (lol Cathay again), 5 dukes,  and several ambassadors along with a goodly handful of barons, counts and other lords.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 05, 2011, 12:53:21 AM »
Magna Aenillia Ecclesia has a lot of temples, and some high ranked members, but what does it actually do, very very little. If the revival goes well then I would consider it a power, otherwise its just a club some people belong to.

That'll be on our Priest/Ambassadors. Gogo Arella!  ;D

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 05, 2011, 12:56:24 AM »
MAE has three rulers (though Cathay counts in name only), a judge and two generals (lol Cathay again), 5 dukes,  and several ambassadors along with a goodly handful of barons, counts and other lords.

Again what actual baring does that have though? How many of the rulers would declare war for the religion? Arcachon is the real strength of Adgharinism, they are one of the few realms that are serious about religion. OW also has dedicated faithful that would put the religion before all other considerations.

I consider most of the MAE nobles to be like the majority of Western Christians, they may never have attended church, only have a vague knowledge of the scriptures, which they most likely gained from watching Easter and Christmas TV shows, but still will tick the Christian box on a census.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 05, 2011, 01:36:39 AM »

/shrug

Wasn't really rating MAE's "power" so much as documenting who belongs. I think Jenred and Guy du are both MAE for political reasons, and Guy at least is loath to involve MAE in conflict (though I think Ryu was worse that way).

Tinwe would welcome a chance to destroy the heretic Cra'ithil, but I don't think that GE is ready for another dance with Arcaea.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 05, 2011, 01:49:15 AM »
/shrug

Wasn't really rating MAE's "power" so much as documenting who belongs. I think Jenred and Guy du are both MAE for political reasons, and Guy at least is loath to involve MAE in conflict (though I think Ryu was worse that way).

Tinwe would welcome a chance to destroy the heretic Cra'ithil, but I don't think that GE is ready for another dance with Arcaea.

And how is Cra'ithil heretic?

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 05, 2011, 03:38:44 AM »
And how is Cra'ithil heretic?

How can it not be heretical? Cra'ithil adherents are always skulking about in the shadows instead of in the light of the Aenil, and they proclaim the teachings of a false prophet who even claimed to be an Aenil herself!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 05, 2011, 03:46:15 AM »
How can it not be heretical? Cra'ithil adherents are always skulking about in the shadows instead of in the light of the Aenil, and they proclaim the teachings of a false prophet who even claimed to be an Aenil herself!

Ummm sure okay. The prophet was male, and he never claimed to be an Aenil, but you go with that :) I also seem to recall that the position of our Aenil was ratified by several members of the MAE, we simply chose to follow a single Aenil, much the same as Paladin Jenred chooses to follow his patron Aenil.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:49:15 AM by De-Legro »

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 05, 2011, 03:50:20 AM »
Peasant population wise - Elders are easily the strongest.

We have several dukes, multiple Lords, and various other members on Council positions.

Plus we hold sway everywhere south of GA and Anacan.

What we could DO with it . . .is up for grabs.

We're pretty passive at the moment, though trying to ramp up RP and the like.

Also, does anyone else even HAVE a level 7 Temple on FEI?   

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 05, 2011, 03:59:19 AM »
Church of Echad has one, minor Duke!  ;D
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 05, 2011, 04:00:55 AM »
Yeah, but you're int he worst possible place for a new faith, smack dab in the middle of the Orders power base.

We'd push 270K followers if we were allowed to out you :D

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: October 05, 2011, 04:06:42 AM »
The term power here is really loosely defined.  If power is pure military might, Adgharianism has the only completely dedicated army it can essentially order around at whim (Hell, they could put whomever they wanted in charge of Arcachon, and if it wasn't an inalienable right I;m sure someone would have figured out ordering Ciann to become a nun would solve a -lot- of problems).

Soft power I gotta go for MAE.  It's a longer game for them to get stuff done, but they've got a huge network to leverage.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: October 05, 2011, 04:15:54 AM »
Soft power I gotta go for MAE.  It's a longer game for them to get stuff done, but they've got a huge network to leverage.

This. That and the fact that slowly, quietly, things are being maneuvered to place MAE in a sort of oversight capacity with umbrella coverage over many of the other religions. MAE embraces all the Aenil, but many of those worshiped by other religions may very well be simply one patron Aenil in the larger pantheon.

And I have yet to really begin. Too many squirrely things going on politically and I'm getting my skill up.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: October 05, 2011, 04:21:51 AM »
Ummm sure okay. The prophet was male, and he never claimed to be an Aenil, but you go with that :) I also seem to recall that the position of our Aenil was ratified by several members of the MAE, we simply chose to follow a single Aenil, much the same as Paladin Jenred chooses to follow his patron Aenil.

The Prophet claimed to speak for the false Aenil Linwe, if I'm not mistaken. As far as members of MAE endorsing your idolatry, perhaps the sly words of the Cra'ithil blew mist before their eyes as well!