Author Topic: Religious power rankings  (Read 44229 times)

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
Re: Religious power rankings
« Reply #90: September 04, 2012, 10:40:13 PM »
Who's the second monarch? Edmund?

Edmund felt lost and abandoned by his gods when the Trinity up and died and then Alpha invited him to take a look at the Elders so I had him join to see where it could take him.

He's still in the process of being truly convinced, but he likes what he sees so far. Mostly because he's convinced himself that it was divine will that he was introduced to the Elders anyway.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: November 08, 2012, 12:53:32 PM »
I'm in doubt of the strength of the Order at this point. It is true that the order controls most of Kindara and Zonasa. However beyond that the control is very limited. Arcaea will accept no dominant religion (due to Velax' influence) and as a result Sartan, Elders and MA have some foot in Arcaea (fun times).

Cathay is no longer fond of the Elders really also due to the last war (which the Order power house (kindara zonasa) lost.) So I wonder how much strength the Order truly holds beyond the south.

The same however goes for the Church of Sartan. It controls all of Sorraine, has some foot in Arcaea and the Dark Isles now and also some in Cathay. But it will not be able to steer Arcaea or Cathay into war.

The key factor in all of this is still Arcaea I think as Velax seems to stop most religious warfare and actions.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #92: November 08, 2012, 02:09:35 PM »
I wouldn't be so sure about your feelings regarding Sorraine and Arcaea...

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: November 08, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »
Cathay is no longer fond of the Elders really also due to the last war (which the Order power house (kindara zonasa) lost.) So I wonder how much strength the Order truly holds beyond the south.

Is that honestly an issue or just religious supporters drumming up conspiracies where they don't exist? The war had nothing to do with religion so I dont see why Cathay would have sour grapes over the Elders.

The same however goes for the Church of Sartan. It controls all of Sorraine, has some foot in Arcaea and the Dark Isles now and also some in Cathay.

I havent seen hard numbers, but I've been hearing that while the Church controls their realm politically, they don't have much in the way of actual peasant followers in any of their regions. Is there any truth to that?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #94: November 08, 2012, 02:17:09 PM »
It would seems so from the region reports I get.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: November 08, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »

I'm not aware that Cathay has any opposition to the Elders outside of having some Sartanian nobles who obviously don't want the Elders to spread in Cathay. But the war didn't impact them - none of the regions we took had temples to the Elders. Haul had peasants who worshiped them but no temples.

The Church of Humanity 'lost' in that they lost three regions with temples, but the temples are staying, so it's more of a draw.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: November 08, 2012, 03:11:02 PM »
I'm in doubt of the strength of the Order at this point. It is true that the order controls most of Kindara and Zonasa. However beyond that the control is very limited. Arcaea will accept no dominant religion (due to Velax' influence) and as a result Sartan, Elders and MA have some foot in Arcaea (fun times).

The same however goes for the Church of Sartan. It controls all of Sorraine, has some foot in Arcaea and the Dark Isles now and also some in Cathay. But it will not be able to steer Arcaea or Cathay into war.

The key factor in all of this is still Arcaea I think as Velax seems to stop most religious warfare and actions.
I'm amused by Zonasa being called an 'Order power house.'  It's kind of the opposite of Sorraine in that regard -- tons of followers, both peasants and nobility, but the Order has very little political influence -- a lot of politically important people in Zonasa are members of the Order, but how much this carries over into policy is debatable.

Morgan also has a strong tradition of trying to stop religious warfare (at least, if it seems like it will affect Zonasa), though his preferred method is to wipe out religions that start trouble.  That was one reason he was quite willing to let an old friend and one of his dukes be executed by Zonasa's judge -- they had started a religious revolt in Zonasa.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: November 08, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
I'm not aware that Cathay has any opposition to the Elders outside of having some Sartanian nobles who obviously don't want the Elders to spread in Cathay. But the war didn't impact them - none of the regions we took had temples to the Elders. Haul had peasants who worshiped them but no temples.
Well, it did at the start of the war -- but Sorraine burned it down (along with one in Razrpot).  Which is a large part of why Morgan wants Sorraine destroyed.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: November 08, 2012, 03:19:46 PM »
I'm amused by Zonasa being called an 'Order power house.'  It's kind of the opposite of Sorraine in that regard -- tons of followers, both peasants and nobility, but the Order has very little political influence

I disagree. :)

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: November 08, 2012, 03:24:33 PM »
I disagree. :)
That was more because you did it in the name of Sartan than that you did it against Thain.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: November 08, 2012, 03:27:50 PM »
That was more because you did it in the name of Sartan than that you did it against Thain.

Well, I'd imagine murder and "bloodletting" is how one worships the God of War.
Though there's a LOT of people in the CoS who disagree with me... :P

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: November 08, 2012, 03:33:26 PM »
Well, I'd imagine murder and "bloodletting" is how one worships the God of War.
This is why Morgan has never exactly trusted the religion, regardless of what their followers say.

Also, the fact that their theocracies have a habit of going to war with Zonasa.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: November 08, 2012, 03:39:06 PM »
The Church of Humanity 'lost' in that they lost three regions with temples, but the temples are staying, so it's more of a draw.
The Church of Sartan is aware that the Church of Humanity followers burned a Sartanian temple during the conflict with the Order. They won't forget that.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: November 08, 2012, 03:50:15 PM »
The Church of Sartan is aware that the Church of Humanity followers burned a Sartanian temple during the conflict with the Order. They won't forget that.

Where did that happen? Not to say it didnt happen ( I know the CoH isnt at all fond of Sartan or your Ibladeshi newcomers in general), I just cant remember it.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #104: November 08, 2012, 05:53:05 PM »
...what three regions?  If you mean Azros's duchy, only Azros itself had a CoH temple.  The other is an Order of the Elders temple.

Where did that happen? Not to say it didnt happen ( I know the CoH isnt at all fond of Sartan or your Ibladeshi newcomers in general), I just cant remember it.
My Zonosan character burned a few shrines and torched a temple.  Cathay should thank him for weakening the Sartanist control even by a little bit!  Sadly, they just reappoint Sartanist lords.  Well, when they're absorbed and turned into a theocracy, I guess they'll learn.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:57:59 PM by Draco Tanos »