Author Topic: Error when checking Region  (Read 6722 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Error when checking Region
« Topic Start: October 05, 2011, 10:48:18 AM »
Character: Marche (Someone else reported the same error, but I'm currently not in the region in question).
Continent: Dwilight
Url: http://battlemaster.org/testing/RegionDetails.php?ID=164
Error: Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Doctrine\ORM\EntityNotFoundException' with message 'Entity was not found.' in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterCharacterProxy.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterCharacterProxy.php(65): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterCharacterProxy->__load() #1 /var/battlemaster/live/testing/RegionDetails.php(601): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterCharacterProxy->getFullName() #2 {main} thrown in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterCharacterProxy.php on line 32

The region in question is the City of Port Nebel in D'Hara. If you click on 'details' from the 'Realms and Regions' page, you will be met with this error instead of seeing the Region. Checking the details of other Cities seems to work fine.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Re: Error when checking Region
« Reply #1: October 05, 2011, 02:27:57 PM »
Is the region part of a duchy? If not, this is a known issue.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 05, 2011, 02:32:14 PM »
It is. Port Nebel is part of the Duchy of Port Nebel. The City was already reconquered before the new Estate System went live.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: October 05, 2011, 02:52:28 PM »
works for me. can you re-test, please?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 05, 2011, 03:02:17 PM »
The error still comes up for me. Checking the details of other regions of D'Hara works fine, it's only Port Nebel that the error shows for. Both people that reported the error are currently outside of the Realm and in rogue regions, but I do not know if others are having the same problem (I'll ask).

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: October 05, 2011, 03:23:14 PM »
ok, then it's on one of the panes that don't show up for foreigners. I have a suspicion, but that would surprise me as I've fixed that already.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 05, 2011, 04:55:25 PM »
This bug seems to be the same as the bug just reported by Asylon (Topic: Hierarchy Error). Checking the Hierarchy Page, I see an error there as well:

URL: http://battlemaster.org/testing/hierarchy.php
Error: The feudal hierarchy of D'Hara

The Crown
Marche Telrunya
Duchies

Duchy of Paisly - Machiavel Chénier
        Maeotis - Tan d'Serrai
        Juan Alejandro
        Paisland - Tristen Mcloud
        Ygor
        Paisly - Machiavel Chénier
        Seabhac, Lyra, Marche
    Duchy of Port Nebel - Rurik Clarke
        Nebel - Edimilson de Coivos
        Ivan
        Port Nebel - Rurik Clarke
        Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Doctrine\ORM\EntityNotFoundException' with message 'Entity was not found.' in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterCharacterProxy.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterCharacterProxy.php(155): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterCharacterProxy->__load() #1 /var/battlemaster/live/testing/hierarchy.php(48): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterCharacterProxy->__call('getName', Array) #2 /var/battlemaster/live/testing/hierarchy.php(48): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterCharacterProxy->getName() #3 {main} thrown in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterCharacterProxy.php on line 32

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 05, 2011, 05:29:47 PM »
Yes it is the same. Sorry for making a different topic. I first found it in the hierarchy page, and then noticed we couldn't access the region.

As I said in the other topic, it looked like it happened after a character was deleted who had an estate in the region.

Quiet One

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 05, 2011, 07:37:02 PM »
Rurik is also unable to manage estates and assign knights to armies in Port Nebel.

I did have a knight deleted recently so that seems a likely cause.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #9: October 06, 2011, 05:56:53 PM »
oh darn, yes. if a character deletes, but the estate is not updated... aargh.

Quiet One

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 07, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
Any chance that this bug could affect tax calculations as well? Our last tax day was 8 days ago.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #11: October 07, 2011, 08:59:51 AM »
Any chance that this bug could affect tax calculations as well? Our last tax day was 8 days ago.

No chance. And since I'm not telepathic, I don't know who "our" is, so I can't check what's going on.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: October 07, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »
d'hara last had taxes 8 days ago, riombara 7
firefox

STiAle

• Freeman
  • Safe, Sane, Consensual
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: October 07, 2011, 03:53:11 PM »
Something similar in Beluaterra:

Region Info: Naraka
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Doctrine\ORM\EntityNotFoundException' with message 'Entity was not found.' in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterCharacterProxy.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterCharacterProxy.php(65): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterCharacterProxy->__load() #1 /var/battlemaster/live/testing/RegionDetails.php(601): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterCharacterProxy->getFullName() #2 {main} thrown in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterCharacterProxy.php on line 32
at URL: http://battlemaster.org/testing/RegionDetails.php?ID=42

and Reeds:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Doctrine\ORM\EntityNotFoundException' with message 'Entity was not found.' in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterCharacterProxy.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterCharacterProxy.php(65): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterCharacterProxy->__load() #1 /var/battlemaster/live/testing/RegionDetails.php(601): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterCharacterProxy->getFullName() #2 {main} thrown in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterCharacterProxy.php on line 32
at URL: http://battlemaster.org/testing/RegionDetails.php?ID=60

The feudal hierarchy of Nothoi

The Crown
Fatal error: Call to a member function getFullName() on a non-object in /var/battlemaster/live/testing/hierarchy.php on line 24
at URL: http://battlemaster.org/testing/hierarchy.php
Yesterday, it looked similar to the bug reported by Asylon
No other word is better than the last word!

Quiet One

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: October 07, 2011, 06:43:16 PM »
Right, sorry. Our refers to the realm of D'hara on Dwilight.

My thought was that since one estate in Port Nebel was not updating and showing that error message on every page that draws on estate information, it might also be preventing the calculations for that particular estate from producing a value. While I clearly have no idea how the code for the new estate system works, it did seem possible that one estate failing to produce a value could prevent the entire tax from running.

So in Port Nebel, instead of getting:
1+1+1=3
We're getting:
1+1+Error=Error
And that error gets fed into the Duchy and Realm calculations too. Or the code may simply stop when it hits that error. Like I said, this is just a wild guess.