Author Topic: Undead  (Read 11967 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Undead
« Topic Start: February 10, 2011, 01:52:14 PM »
How is everyone coping with massive undead spawns?

Peter
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Undead
« Reply #1: March 01, 2011, 01:34:18 PM »
For my part, I'm just a little gutted that another cheeky stroll through The Dream did not yield any more banishing scrolls >.<

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #2: March 01, 2011, 01:50:35 PM »
I see, though I believe you can still use the ones you already have, if any were left over from the invasion. ;)

Peter
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 01, 2011, 05:32:17 PM »
For my part, I'm just a little gutted that another cheeky stroll through The Dream did not yield any more banishing scrolls >.<

These rewards are long-gone. They didn't last very long as some managed to exploit it to get a ton of scrolls.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 02, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »
Well, Old Grehk has been having fairly regular but manageable spawns (only 2-4k CS at a time). On the other hand, Sint had a 10k CS Undead horde pop up; that ended up taking our combined armies and two scrolls down with it (and probably gave my characters nightmares about the last invasion  ;)).

Mostly speculation, but does anyone else think the Undead have been appearing in greater numbers in those regions around the Dark Shroud? Of course the regions near the dark shroud tend to be those that suffered the most destruction during the invasion, so that might be the explanation.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 02, 2011, 01:38:29 PM »
I'd say the darkness has simply become a massive Undead/Monster breeding ground. Some scouts of Thromegor a couple of weeks ago, for example, showed a lot of horde movement to and from Jidington and all adjacent regions. They can pop in and out of the blighted lands at leisure and we can do little about it. Seems to be the price of human survival on Beluaterra.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #6: March 02, 2011, 03:56:46 PM »
We have seen some large and formidable undead spawns in the south as well.  Largest single unit I've seen and combated was a 5k CS one.  That took down quite a few good soldiers with it. ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 03, 2011, 05:31:28 AM »
We've seen hordes larger than 6000 CS, but mostly a bunch of hordes around 4000 CS.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #8: March 07, 2011, 02:19:03 AM »
Anyone ever wonder whether the spawning of monsters and undead is basically the same system as always, just supercharged? I have a hunch that adventurers are still going to be useful.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 07, 2011, 11:33:29 AM »
Fronen hasn't seen any hordes like that. Most smaller than 1-1.5k cs that I can think of. There might have been one that was 2k cs...

The rate of spawns within Fronen hasn't seemed much different than usual to me, our territory next to the rogue regions covered in black fog are the ones we've been having the most battles in. Had several large groups move from those regions into our border regions.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 08, 2011, 05:05:29 PM »
Anyone ever wonder whether the spawning of monsters and undead is basically the same system as always, just supercharged? I have a hunch that adventurers are still going to be useful.

Y'know, this guy just might be onto something...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #11: March 08, 2011, 06:29:28 PM »
Y'know, this guy just might be onto something...

Hey hey, I was helping the daimons mess up everyone. I actually was pulling for the NPCs to mess up BT. But that aside, what exactly have other people thought was going on?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #12: March 11, 2011, 01:46:10 AM »
Seems undead calmed down quite a bit in the south, any comments elsewhere on the continent?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #13: March 11, 2011, 01:46:58 AM »
They're still romping around in Nothoi and Enweil.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 11, 2011, 09:40:55 AM »
Seems undead calmed down quite a bit in the south, any comments elsewhere on the continent?

Undead are like herpes... take that as you will.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.