Author Topic: Strategic Secessions  (Read 19291 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Strategic Secessions
« Topic Start: October 07, 2011, 02:57:04 AM »
i would agree with chenier on this, war or peace - doesn't matter , if you do secession without any rp reason it is simply something against good playing practice, call it strategic or circumventing game mechanics.
And i suppose you don't consider "The realm is so big that my entire duchy is going downhill fast, and will soon revolt and go rogue unless I do something about it" a good RP reason?

in game, ruler can hardly have good reason to willingly reduce his own realm - if region is hard to control he will put blame on incompetent lord (even if that is not true).

And thus give the duke a perfect "RP" reason to secede.

BTW - Thanks for pigeonholing every ruler character into the exact same selfish, "It's all mine Mine MINE!" attitude. So glad that you know exactly how my characters hsould behave better than I do.

...in some better, parallel reality. in our bm reality those in power will mostly find any way to avoid any in-game grievance, no matter the costs, even if they would initiate ooc discussion about planned secession.
So in your opinion, every "planned secession" requires an OOC discussion and agreement, and it can never be done via IC means, and IC agreements?

the only planned secession i can imagine to be fairly played is the one related to some claim or diplomatic resolution, it can by no means be related to region work hardships.
That is ridiculously wrong.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.