Author Topic: Status  (Read 26424 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Status
« Topic Start: March 08, 2011, 10:59:39 PM »
Beyond is currently on hold due to other projects, and I don't know when it will be resumed.

It would go faster if I had some help. The problem is that Beyond is a lot larger than The Dream was. It may be too large for one person, at least for one person with other things to do as well.

If you want to help, there is one thing that is a non-negotiable prerequisite: I can not teach you programming or the engine I use. If you can use Unity 3D and either of its two scripting languages (Javascript or C#) well enough that you can actually help, I want to hear from you. If you know JS or C# and are interested, there is a free version of Unity 3D available for download on their site, and it's more than worth it.

I have the environments mostly set up, and I've bought a ton of models to use, so the artwork and content is also mostly done. What I need is help in creating quests, which is mostly scripting work, and in populating the scenery with more objects, making it more interesting. I could envision this being a kind of community effort, though with a fairly small community.