Author Topic: Distance from the capital  (Read 2429 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Distance from the capital
« Topic Start: October 08, 2011, 06:24:48 AM »
Drinilla: With 8 new births and immigrations, population has been restored to former levels. Some people consider the tax rate as too high. Distance from the capital causes anarchists to prosper. Loyalty to your realm falls 4%. Rumours speak of increased unrest.

Is this based on realm size? We never got this before. We did TO a new region recently, though.

Drinilla is also just 3 regions away from the capital...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Distance from the capital
« Reply #1: October 08, 2011, 04:31:49 PM »
Is this based on realm size? We never got this before. We did TO a new region recently, though.

Drinilla is also just 3 regions away from the capital...
I'm pretty sure it uses multiple criteria. On FEI, I started getting that as soon as Akanos swapped to Toupellon. But after a couple days of courts and police work, it went away. But regions that were closer to the capital were getting it. There has to be a few other things that trigger it beyond just distance or realm size.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 08, 2011, 05:21:16 PM »
There has to be a few other things that trigger it beyond just distance or realm size.

I think the number of troops has an effect.

I did have a little chart with varying levels of troops, morale, loyalty & tax rate for Nbasah. I never tracked number of regions in a realm, but I wouldn't be surprised if that has an effect. It's long been lost to the mists of time and dead hard drives, so I can't quote any hard figures.

Try sending more troops up to Drinilla to arrest/hang those anarchists, that should sort them out! Long term, dropping more militia might be a good idea.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 08, 2011, 06:46:48 PM »
Interesting. When it said "distance from the capital causes anarchists to prosper", I really though it was only that, distance.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 08, 2011, 07:51:21 PM »
Interesting. When it said "distance from the capital causes anarchists to prosper", I really though it was only that, distance.

I think it's how far the peasants feel they are from the capital. If you've got soldiers walking around & lots of activity, they might feel quite close to the capital and all the decision making. When everything dies down, people leave and they're forgotten about, they realise "actually, we're hundreds of miles away".

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 09, 2011, 01:25:08 AM »
I think it's how far the peasants feel they are from the capital.

Feelings matter. Share the love!  8)
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm