Author Topic: A change to the way Actions/Orders/Command are listed  (Read 1398 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
At the moment it seems completely random which actions get listed under "Things you can do" and which under "Things you can not do" in the Actions, Orders and Command tabs. There are a ton of actions that might be unavailable but are still listed in the "Things you can do" tab. For instance, I click on the Secession link and am told "You have only been appointed recently. You definitely do not have enough knowledge and control of this place yet to do something as daring as a secession." So why is it listed as an action I can do, when very obviously I can't do it? "Pay your men" is another one. That's still listed as a thing I can do, even when all my troops and paraphernalia are already paid.

I suggest two changes. First, that the actions available actually reflect what you can currently do.

Second, that you be able to click on the links under the "Things you can not do" and see the information in there, even if you can't make any changes. For example, you're not, for whatever reason, able to make ox cart transfers in the "Warehouse" when you're travelling. Okay, fine. But it seems completely bizarre that you have no way to find out how much food you have in your warehouses when you're travelling, because you can't access any of the trading actions. Or find out how much it would cost to build a Scouts Guild under "Economy" while you're travelling, and so on.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
At the moment it seems completely random which actions get listed under "Things you can do" and which under "Things you can not do" in the Actions, Orders and Command tabs. There are a ton of actions that might be unavailable but are still listed in the "Things you can do" tab. For instance, I click on the Secession link and am told "You have only been appointed recently. You definitely do not have enough knowledge and control of this place yet to do something as daring as a secession." So why is it listed as an action I can do, when very obviously I can't do it? "Pay your men" is another one. That's still listed as a thing I can do, even when all my troops and paraphernalia are already paid.

I suggest two changes. First, that the actions available actually reflect what you can currently do.

Second, that you be able to click on the links under the "Things you can not do" and see the information in there, even if you can't make any changes. For example, you're not, for whatever reason, able to make ox cart transfers in the "Warehouse" when you're travelling. Okay, fine. But it seems completely bizarre that you have no way to find out how much food you have in your warehouses when you're travelling, because you can't access any of the trading actions. Or find out how much it would cost to build a Scouts Guild under "Economy" while you're travelling, and so on.

Not to mention all the things that simply don't appear anywhere anymore when you can't do them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron