Author Topic: Zuma adventurers  (Read 3317 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Zuma adventurers
« Topic Start: October 08, 2011, 08:21:36 PM »
I remember not too long ago it was possible for adventurers to change allegiance to the Zuma when in Zuma regions. That option appears to have disappeared now with the message "Change Realm - this is not a realm you could join." I never dared do it (didn't want to get banned from Asylon) but are there any adventurers who did join the Zuma? What happened?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma adventurers
« Reply #1: October 08, 2011, 11:50:57 PM »
I think in another thread Tom said he'd kick some arse if anyone changed allegiance to the Zuma. It's think that any adventurer that did so would be swiftly kicked out and told not to come back.

Looking at the character list, I only see Garret as a member of The Zuma, so I'd guess there are no Zuma adventurers (and if they are, they're GM controlled).

egamma

« Reply #2: October 09, 2011, 05:58:22 AM »
I believe they are called "lunch", but that could be a mistranslation from their mysterious language.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 09, 2011, 06:06:49 AM »
I think in another thread Tom said he'd kick some arse if anyone changed allegiance to the Zuma. It's think that any adventurer that did so would be swiftly kicked out and told not to come back.

Looking at the character list, I only see Garret as a member of The Zuma, so I'd guess there are no Zuma adventurers (and if they are, they're GM controlled).

If a noble could join the Zuma and not be lightning bolted, why not an Adventurer? If the Zuma GM has a use for one, why not? It's not like Adventurers get a lot of information about the realm they're in, and I doubt one could get enough commendations to graduate without the Zuma GM's cooperation... Add in a bit of code that allows non-Zuma realms to execute Zuma advies and I think you have all the safeguards you need.

egamma

« Reply #4: October 09, 2011, 06:16:42 AM »
If a noble could join the Zuma and not be lightning bolted, why not an Adventurer? If the Zuma GM has a use for one, why not? It's not like Adventurers get a lot of information about the realm they're in, and I doubt one could get enough commendations to graduate without the Zuma GM's cooperation... Add in a bit of code that allows non-Zuma realms to execute Zuma advies and I think you have all the safeguards you need.

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,1342.msg28139.html#msg28139

I can tell you what would happen [if a region lord switched their region to the Zuma duchy]: I'd personally throw a lightning bolt. I explicitly said that the system is unfinished and to please not try and abuse it.

Nobles CANNOT join the Zuma. Garret is an exception--he is their human ambassador. So if nobles can't join the Zuma, why should an advy be able to?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:18:41 AM by egamma »

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 11, 2011, 05:20:41 AM »
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,1342.msg28139.html#msg28139

Nobles CANNOT join the Zuma. Garret is an exception--he is their human ambassador. So if nobles can't join the Zuma, why should an advy be able to?

Fair point, but since the Zuma do employ human agents from time to time, I think it would make sense for them to employ adventurers in particular. They're quite useful after all, probably even to the Zuma. Though I suppose they don't have to actually join the Zuma realm itself to be useful.

egamma

« Reply #6: October 11, 2011, 04:41:29 PM »
I suppose they don't have to actually join the Zuma realm itself to be useful.

Bingo. I've seen plenty of adventurers (3 per region) in the Zuma lands.