Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1034957 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3195: July 06, 2013, 02:37:38 PM »
It's not the vocal part that puts people off. It's the fact that every time Jonsu opens her mouth, out come insults, scorn, anger, sexually oriented comments, and various vitriolic comments. Up until she got booted from the elders, Jonsu literally showed no knowledge of the stars, no decorum, no civility... nothing but personal attacks against everyone.

Its like we are a match made in heaven... :'(
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196: July 06, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »
Unfortunately for you, I think Jonsu is already married.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #3197: July 06, 2013, 05:35:33 PM »
Unfortunately for you, I think Jonsu is already married.

To the dearly departed Sevestan Guile, last ruler of Solaria and Duke of Balance's retreat.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198: July 06, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »
Was married. Sevastian died from lung disease/failure some time ago.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199: July 06, 2013, 06:17:24 PM »
Well, that's good news for Glaumring then. He can get married to Jonsu. A match made in heaven. (Or, rather, a drug-induced haze of delusions.)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200: July 06, 2013, 06:22:44 PM »
It's not the vocal part that puts people off. It's the fact that every time Jonsu opens her mouth, out come insults, scorn, anger, sexually oriented comments, and various vitriolic comments. Up until she got booted from the elders, Jonsu literally showed no knowledge of the stars, no decorum, no civility... nothing but personal attacks against everyone.

Now you're getting your timelines twisted. There was a very distinct period where Jonsu stopped exercising decorum and civility with the Elders, and it coincided with the day Medugnatos was made Light. The vitriol, insults, scorn, etc was purely a result of this, because she didn't have to care anymore. Prior to that, I'll agree she wasn't the easiest person to get along with, mostly because she wasn't afraid to call people on their bull!@#$, and when you have a group of elders who are notorious for flip flopping on issues when its convenient, those calls are going to get made.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201: July 06, 2013, 08:15:15 PM »
ZING!11

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202: July 06, 2013, 08:31:04 PM »
No, Jonsu was that way since the beginning. She's always been a crass, crude bitch. She just got worse after she got spurned.

Why do you think no one wanted her as Light in the first place? It hadn't little to nothing to do with politics. (Except perhaps for Vellos.) It was because of her complete lack of civility and decorum. This was only proven by the way she reacted to not being promoted.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203: July 07, 2013, 03:52:01 AM »
No, Jonsu was that way since the beginning. She's always been a crass, crude bitch. She just got worse after she got spurned.

Why do you think no one wanted her as Light in the first place? It hadn't little to nothing to do with politics. (Except perhaps for Vellos.) It was because of her complete lack of civility and decorum. This was only proven by the way she reacted to not being promoted.

No, even for Hireshmont, it was a personality thing. Admittedly he also thought she might be an Aurvandil agent, but he thinks that about Rabisu too and didn't complain.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204: July 08, 2013, 04:36:01 AM »
Following the battle in Donghai and the initiation of the Lurian takeover attempt...

Rabisu spoke to a crowd of thousands, and his voice carried out even to the back rows, so furious was his strength.

"...The unbelievers attack us. Yea, the unbelievers rob and pillage, grasping towards the very things they worship - food, coin, wealth. These are their gods! Power is their idol, and theft is their veneration! What care they of the Holy Lands, except as targets of plunder and opportunity? Why should they? Behold, then, man as he is without the Bloodstars - deeply lost. Even their armies are turned to mere banditry. They might be victorious here, and win a battle there, but will they win in the end? No. They cannot. And I speak not only of the men and materiel required to achieve strategic success, though they lack these things as well. I speak of the power granted by true worship, the Divinity that only the path of the Bloodstars can achieve. Without it they are but dogs, Lurian dogs, soon driven away by true-believing Men! Should we fear them? No, I say! We should pity them! For they oppose the will of the Holy Prophet, and oppose the armies of the Faith! This Church is the single greatest force upon this world! No religion has surpassed its might! No faith has grander or more numerous temples! And no faith has a greater grasp on Truth itself! Indeed, they should fear us - and, my brothers, they do, I assure you! Why, just hours ago they tried to arrest me! Me, a single, unarmed man in a robe! Is it the fierce color of my cloth they fear? Is it my voice? No. It is that I speak the truth, and represent the truth, and they have only delusions and falsehoods to guide them. In the end, nothing can be greater than the Truth. The Truth burns out heretics, tumbles kingdoms, and puts whole armies to rout! Where the Truth shines, no darkness can be found! Therefore we have nothing to fear from these highwaymen, and they have everything to fear from the faith! They may set foot upon the holy lands of the Empire of Morek - indeed they may even come to visit the First Temple, but if they do admire its glory, they cannot understand it. Resist the unbelievers, and take heart, knowing that their soldiers will not win them lasting victory, and that the treasures they may carry away will be as worthless as ash."
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205: July 08, 2013, 05:37:59 AM »
A Lurian takeover in Donghai? How's that even possible?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206: July 08, 2013, 06:10:26 AM »
A Lurian takeover in Donghai? How's that even possible?

Sea travel, I imagine. Assuming it succeeds, the region will probably revolt in short order given the distance from the Lurian capital.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207: July 08, 2013, 06:19:00 AM »
Sea travel, I imagine. Assuming it succeeds, the region will probably revolt in short order given the distance from the Lurian capital.
Unless they intend to setup a colony.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Zakilevo

« Reply #3208: July 08, 2013, 06:22:42 AM »

Good luck with that :p There is no colony take over in place.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209: July 08, 2013, 06:24:10 AM »

They would have to take Donghaiwei first and then hold it long enough for it to secede. I do not think that would be possible.