Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1032858 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3375: January 25, 2014, 09:29:31 AM »
In order to be come an inquisitor you must learn our ways.

First lesson, Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the the Light of the Austere.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise....

Let me start over.

Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Light of the Austere, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376: January 25, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »
When ouverture fails, fundamentalism prevails.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377: January 25, 2014, 09:28:08 PM »
I've always thought Fundamentalism is a good answer for all of SA's problems.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378: January 25, 2014, 09:37:03 PM »
I've always thought Fundamentalism is a good answer for all of SA's problems.

It will mean that the church will do a lot of damage to itself, on short time they might seem strong but in the end they will only lose influence.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379: January 25, 2014, 09:48:58 PM »
It will mean that the church will do a lot of damage to itself, on short time they might seem strong but in the end they will only lose influence.

Flexing muscle always has costs. But so does passivity. One has to compare the costs to decide what is best. Fundamentalism is likely to make it harder to gain new converts. However, passivity will result in a Niselur-Asylon-Luria Nova axis being able to break up the powerbase of the church and decide continental politics.

In this case, the Church's hands were forced. The new changes were adopted with unanimity, even if a lot of the elders would otherwise have been considered to be a lot more passive and open.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380: January 25, 2014, 09:50:39 PM »

Nothing can happen that will be worse then everyone getting bored of the religion and quitting.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381: January 25, 2014, 10:03:11 PM »
Flexing muscle always has costs. But so does passivity. One has to compare the costs to decide what is best. Fundamentalism is likely to make it harder to gain new converts. However, passivity will result in a Niselur-Asylon-Luria Nova axis being able to break up the powerbase of the church and decide continental politics.

In this case, the Church's hands were forced. The new changes were adopted with unanimity, even if a lot of the elders would otherwise have been considered to be a lot more passive and open.

Good god man, you're throwing Luria Nova into this? Or have you not noticed Seoras's blatant attempts at sucking up to the Church? Or have you failed to realize the real reason behind their alliance with Asylon?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382: January 25, 2014, 10:07:33 PM »
The only nations without a significant following are Fissoa and Barca, which, honestly, are really of little importance to the Church, strategically speaking. Converting the far south would be a huge boon for the Church, sure, but not if it's by losing the North.

Snakes always spread their honeyed words when they are up to something or want to avoid their due.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383: January 25, 2014, 10:12:27 PM »
The only nations without a significant following are Fissoa and Barca, which, honestly, are really of little importance to the Church, strategically speaking. Converting the far south would be a huge boon for the Church, sure, but not if it's by losing the North.

Snakes always spread their honeyed words when they are up to something or want to avoid their due.

Snakes like blatantly political converts to SA?

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384: January 25, 2014, 10:22:24 PM »
a Crusade like this will be good to help flush out those political converts.    Before they had nothing they had to give to the church.  Now with a war they will be called on to perform some sort of duty.   Then we watch and see who listens.     

No listen then no more church for them.   
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385: January 25, 2014, 10:57:20 PM »
"I love the Inquisition. Before the Inquisition I was addicted to crack cocaine. The Inquisition helped set me straight and gave me this job which I love."
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386: January 25, 2014, 11:29:35 PM »
Snakes like blatantly political converts to SA?

Blatant to lurians and heretics, perhaps. I doubt many, if any (now that Malus was demoted), of the elders really view Machiavel that way.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387: January 25, 2014, 11:46:31 PM »
Blatant to lurians and heretics, perhaps. I doubt many, if any (now that Malus was demoted), of the elders really view Machiavel that way.

Well of course they don't, but the value of their opinion is becoming worth less and less.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388: January 25, 2014, 11:54:17 PM »
Well of course they don't, but the value of their opinion is becoming worth less and less.

The opinion of those who value the elders less and less is really not of my concern. The elders have the power to cast people out and have them targeted by priests, not the dissenters, which are made up of a bunch of people that are no friends of mine anyways.

When an institution is weak, opportunities present themselves, whether one chooses to help it back up or to deliver the death knell. I don't really see Leopold's successors winning. Jonsu's ploys have a tendency to dazzle at first, and then fizzle.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389: January 25, 2014, 11:57:07 PM »
The opinion of those who value the elders less and less is really not of my concern. The elders have the power to cast people out and have them targeted by priests, not the dissenters, which are made up of a bunch of people that are no friends of mine anyways.

When an institution is weak, opportunities present themselves, whether one chooses to help it back up or to deliver the death knell. I don't really see Leopold's successors winning. Jonsu's ploys have a tendency to dazzle at first, and then fizzle.

She has yet to begin to dazzle.