Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1032988 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3390: January 26, 2014, 12:14:50 AM »
She has yet to begin to dazzle.

It will still, no doubt, fizzle.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391: January 26, 2014, 12:23:57 AM »
It will still, no doubt, fizzle.

As everything does. The question is, what will be consumed in the blaze?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392: January 26, 2014, 12:32:24 AM »
Snakes like blatantly political converts to SA?

Those are the best kind!

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393: January 26, 2014, 01:17:58 AM »
The opinion of those who value the elders less and less is really not of my concern. The elders have the power to cast people out and have them targeted by priests, not the dissenters, which are made up of a bunch of people that are no friends of mine anyways.

When an institution is weak, opportunities present themselves, whether one chooses to help it back up or to deliver the death knell. I don't really see Leopold's successors winning. Jonsu's ploys have a tendency to dazzle at first, and then fizzle.
By not caring of the opinions of those who do not value the elders instead of making it powerful once again, you are further weakening it.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394: January 26, 2014, 02:03:18 AM »
By not caring of the opinions of those who do not value the elders instead of making it powerful once again, you are further weakening it.

The crack that was done long ago is now resulting in a break. One can't be on both sides. Some can decide not to pick sides, but if you do pick one, why should you care what those who stand against you think?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395: January 26, 2014, 02:41:55 AM »
I'm excited for the future of the church. Things get stagnent too often and without a bit of ebb and flow to keep people on their toes there is no point to the growth. If the church ISN'T an interesting and dynamic thing to be appreciated, then it doesn't deserve to rule Dwilight. The reverse is also true.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396: January 26, 2014, 03:09:37 AM »
For a long time after Niselur broke from the federation and the crusade ensued not much happened within SA. There were members on both sides, and lots of fighting going on, but everyone was basically quiet in the Church. Boring, really. So I'm liking this as a player because the conflict is coming out into the open and declarations are being made and battle lines are being drawn and insults are being thrown around and a Kabrinski is running around independently messing things up and Jonsu's being evil behind the scenes and Glaumring is being a crazy bastard and I think even some Torenists are doing something or other. Good times!
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397: January 26, 2014, 03:14:11 AM »
Damn Torenists. Apparently Brance didn't get them all. To bad they didn't have the balls to stick their heads up while he was still alive!  :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398: January 26, 2014, 08:10:48 AM »
The crack that was done long ago is now resulting in a break. One can't be on both sides. Some can decide not to pick sides, but if you do pick one, why should you care what those who stand against you think?
Why should you care about the 90% of the church who don't care what the elders say? So that they actually listen to the elders. Thats like saying "Why should I care about the opinions of the people not voting for me in an election?".  SA is eager to kick people out of the church and silence everyone, but doesn't care for discussion or actually involving the church in a crusade. Some people are a little crazy in what could have been done, but certainly more could have been done than was with priests.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399: January 26, 2014, 09:10:29 AM »
For a long time after Niselur broke from the federation and the crusade ensued not much happened within SA. There were members on both sides, and lots of fighting going on, but everyone was basically quiet in the Church. Boring, really. So I'm liking this as a player because the conflict is coming out into the open and declarations are being made and battle lines are being drawn and insults are being thrown around and a Kabrinski is running around independently messing things up and Jonsu's being evil behind the scenes and Glaumring is being a crazy bastard and I think even some Torenists are doing something or other. Good times!

I'm excited because the new dividing line is more clear. When things first started to break it was clear Jonsu and Kas just wanted to complain about whatever they could so they could try and build controversy in the hopes of gaining power. Jonsu had no consistency, one minute she's protesting the Terran Theocracy, the next she's complaining that Alaster surrendered it to D'Hara. Then when we ask why she suddendly cares she claims it's because Astroists died to form the Terran Theocracy, funny because Astroists also died to form the Niselurian Theocracy yet she was a very vocal supporter of Leopold.

The ideals emerging now are concrete, you're either for theocracies or against them.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400: January 26, 2014, 09:18:43 AM »
The problem with SA are the elders, simply because of the fact that the majority of the discussions is kept private and then the members are just told what to do. If you want an involved church, involve the members more. If you want discussion in the church, you actually have to start it and add fuel to it. Almost none of the elders spoke in discussions in members in the past and now you are creating an unnecessarily conflict to hide your, and I will say it nicely, "laziness". Niselur could have easily rejoined the church and Astrum got have gotten their old borders back, if the elders would have been more pro-active.

And for me this situation is annoying really, wanted to spend my time building up a better realm, instead my time is being spend on giving some other nobles attention.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401: January 26, 2014, 09:39:13 AM »
The problem with SA are the elders, simply because of the fact that the majority of the discussions is kept private and then the members are just told what to do. If you want an involved church, involve the members more. If you want discussion in the church, you actually have to start it and add fuel to it. Almost none of the elders spoke in discussions in members in the past and now you are creating an unnecessarily conflict to hide your, and I will say it nicely, "laziness". Niselur could have easily rejoined the church and Astrum got have gotten their old borders back, if the elders would have been more pro-active.

And for me this situation is annoying really, wanted to spend my time building up a better realm, instead my time is being spend on giving some other nobles attention.

We engage the full members. In fact the consuls are supposed to be there to represent full members. If every last thing the elders said was in public that would ruin the allure. Secrecy is intriguing, it's the sort of thing that makes people go "I sure wish I knew what they were talking about."

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402: January 26, 2014, 09:47:58 AM »

We engage the full members. In fact the consuls are supposed to be there to represent full members. If every last thing the elders said was in public that would ruin the allure. Secrecy is intriguing, it's the sort of thing that makes people go "I sure wish I knew what they were talking about."

Secrecy is what is killing most realms or the game really. To keep people interested you have to share most of what is going on, you don't have to copy all letters but you certainly can involve people a lot more then just say "do this, do that" and that's it.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403: January 26, 2014, 11:28:41 AM »
I'm excited because the new dividing line is more clear. When things first started to break it was clear Jonsu and Kas just wanted to complain about whatever they could so they could try and build controversy in the hopes of gaining power. Jonsu had no consistency, one minute she's protesting the Terran Theocracy, the next she's complaining that Alaster surrendered it to D'Hara. Then when we ask why she suddendly cares she claims it's because Astroists died to form the Terran Theocracy, funny because Astroists also died to form the Niselurian Theocracy yet she was a very vocal supporter of Leopold.

The ideals emerging now are concrete, you're either for theocracies or against them.

If being opposed to one and not the other makes me inconsistent... What does that say about the Church? Jonsu was really only opposed to Terran merging with D'hara because she hates D'hara. Everything else was just pretext :p Hell, if she didn't hate D'hara she would have never leaked Pierre's lies about Phantaria being on board with the merger.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404: January 26, 2014, 03:49:55 PM »
Why should you care about the 90% of the church who don't care what the elders say? So that they actually listen to the elders. Thats like saying "Why should I care about the opinions of the people not voting for me in an election?".  SA is eager to kick people out of the church and silence everyone, but doesn't care for discussion or actually involving the church in a crusade. Some people are a little crazy in what could have been done, but certainly more could have been done than was with priests.

90%? Really? Want to write up a list of those PRO-Niselur and those Anti-Niselur? 'cause I can't see it being 90%. After all, Consuls are elected, and not a single consul (or elder) voted against the Holy Inquisition.

As for "why would I care about the opinions of the people not voting for me in an election", well, that's pretty obvious. Because they didn't put you in power, and you don't need them to get in power again. Constantly courting those who are against you is a great way of alienating those who are actually for you.

SA isn't eager to kick people out. The war has been going on for a LONG time. The Church had declared a crusade against it LONG ago. Yet it let everyone be. It just now came to a breaking point where the elders had to act in order to respect the Charter and protect the foundations of the Church. Alaster, by the way, isn't an elder.

"Oh no, I'm trying to build my power by attacking someone, and they decided not to let themselves be bullied! How dare they distract me!"

It amazes me how anyone in Niselur can seriously claim that the Church is, in any way, the instigator. Literally everything that could have been done to piss off the Church was done.

Secrecy is what is killing most realms or the game really. To keep people interested you have to share most of what is going on, you don't have to copy all letters but you certainly can involve people a lot more then just say "do this, do that" and that's it.

Says you. A large part of the faith is made up of nobles that don't even want to hear any discussion and are intentionally holding aspirant ranks. A lot of realms are decaying, and a lot of them aren't secretive, while a lot of those who are are losing just as many people that are "in the know" than those who aren't. The elders don't refuse to talk to the full members, it's the full members that rarely say anything worth replying to. And there has been a LOT of public talk over the months that preceded this decision. It really doesn't come out of the blue.