Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1034086 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3630: February 04, 2014, 02:42:56 AM »
    Finally, we wish to make quite clear that the actions taken by Jonsu and Enoch, while very controversial and upsetting, were, to the best of our knowledge and understanding, conducted entirely in-character and according to all the rules of BattleMaster. It would not be at all appropriate for us to intervene in this case, as it would open the door to similar complaints for a wide variety of other unpopular actions.

There are still a wide variety of ways this can be handled without any drastic or out-of-character measures. Please do your best to work through this crisis in-character.

they try to ferret their way out of beeing unable to say: "Hey... we cant think about EVERYTHING!"

Jonsu and Enoch found a hole in the cheesy game mechanics and used it! Nothing compared to the few clicks they needed to destroy something others took years to build. To restore the former balance will take MONTHS!

I tried to RP my way out of this mess... but this is too much powerplay... they win by abusing game mechanics and we have to RP it back?

Edited to remove offensive material.

The charter tried to establish a game system counter to how the game mechanics operate. Religions and Guilds are designed such that the current holder of the top rank is basically a dictator. Part of that power is to decide on their successor. SA sought to and had agreed to a different system, obviously that only works so long as everyone continues to play by the rules. As has been pointed out some of the greatest take overs in history were due to someone deciding the rules didn't apply to them, and setting up the situation to reflect that.

Would it have been nice if the religion system had more flexibility. No doubt, it would be nice to have many of the feature and additions that people have been plugging away on for years. Does the mechanic working in exactly the way that Tom designed it to make it cheesy, no. It just runs counter to the way SA wanted to run, and unfortunately when you try and force a system to operate counter to the supported game mechanics, there are going to be ways for others to take advantage.

Chenier, I know you're angry about this, so am I.

I've been on BM for over 8 years now, and this is by far the most despicable, OOC mechanics abuse I have ever seen.

I really don't care how it is dressed up, it was an abuse of the Game Mechanics. I would honestly be fine with it if Jonsu had just dissolved the church or kicked out absolutely everyone that her character didn't like.

The way it's being done now however is an abuse of Mechanics and absolutely not close to what the characters would do, which is a breach of the SMA.

If anything else, Jonsu appointing Alaster though they hate each other and she would have no reason to do so, is a breach of SMA.

However, having said all that. I will still play, though I now refuse to play with those people, I will play with everyone else.

If everyone in the SA places those two people on Ignore lists, the church will return to normal and everyone can just forget t his ever happened.

Because enemies, even hated ones have NEVER worked together when it benefits them both. Nope never, could never happen. Just as turning on a long time ally when it proves beneficial never happens.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.