Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1034468 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3645: February 04, 2014, 03:13:00 AM »
Lyman,
BattleMaster is a game that is competitive by nature, and because of that nature, very often, a group will find itself gaining an advantage at another group's expense. That may even cause the other group to feel like they are being deprived of fun.

This is normal, and expected. It happens every time a realm is destroyed. It happens every time a religion is destroyed.

This case is unusual in that a religion was taken over by someone who is seen as anathema by most of its members. However, that does not in any way negate the fact that it is still fundamentally the same kind of situation.

You don't like it. I get that. You're trying to find reasons that it's got to be Wrong, and ways that everyone who disagrees with you has to be Wrong, too. But I'm afraid things aren't that simple.

People get their fun ruined in BattleMaster all the time, and if we were going to intervene every time that happened, it would ruin everyone's fun, because nothing interesting would ever be allowed to happen again.

You need to deal with this IC.

For now, I'm done with this, as I have RL obligations to deal with. However, if this thread continues in the dev-blaming vein it's been going in, or otherwise continues its flamewar trend, it's going to be locked, and any attempts to open a new thread on the same topic will be deleted and their authors muted.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan