Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1032630 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3660: February 04, 2014, 03:19:28 AM »
This is a game with crude mechanics that hope everyyone who play this got a code of honour. We got abused and the DEV Team is as helpless as we are cause Jonsu and Alaster found a nice lil hole....

There was NO hole. On of the reason the game mechanic trumps RP rule is for exactly this kind of situation. When players have built a structure that game mechanics don't support, there is always a high chance that they will be toppled or impacted by the game mechanics. If you want to go that route, then fine but it should be with the knowledge that the system and structure is going to be vulnerable. It is not the fault of the game design that people have decided to go counter to the systems in place.

Tim,

The point of game mechanics is not to create an idealized form of a game. It's to create a structure in which people are enabled to have fun.

I could change one vowel in the name of who I'm addressing this two, and it would be something I've heard you say a dozen times.

Don't chain yourself to a set of mechanics that's destroying a community.

We don't. The mechanics change constantly. The fact that there even IS a religious system and priest class is evidence of this. The Dev team is in no way against sitting down and discussing changes to Religion to address this event, that is why we have feature requests. But retroactively punishing characters and players for using the game mechanics as they stand is something else entirely.

unlike more of the people who are angry about Enoch and Jonsu's actions, I don't care about that. That was done (to the best of my knowledge completely IC) and fits her character. It might be unpopular and power hungry but I don't care about that because she is playing her character.

The whole thing with Jonsu and Alaster is what I have issues with as neither of them are playing their characters. They aren't, and that's my issue.

Then please raise the issue with the Titans, who oversee SMA. They very possibly aren't playing to their characters, though it might be more correct to say they aren't playing to the widely perceived nature of their characters, however I do believe that Dustole at least is doing so in order to attempt to salvage something of the situation.

I get the outrage this has caused. I've never been a member of SA and I felt the same outrage when I first learned of it simply from my association with other Dwlight realms. I would certainly be more then upset if I was heavily involved in the group, and have experience similar when realms that I worked hard in fell apart or were usurped to travel a different path. Players/Characters often act in ways that I don't like and really don't personally condone, doesn't mean they have broken faith with the rules of the game though.

Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.