Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1033764 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3690: February 06, 2014, 11:29:45 PM »
If someone got himself elected judge and banned the whole realm at once, I'd consider that to be in violation of the social contract as well. Just like rulers, back in the day, using OOC bans to get rid of people they couldn't otherwise deal with.

It's not because someone got an IG power through legitimate means that they can use this power with impunity.

And frankly, if Jonsu had immediately gone about dismantling Sanguis Astroism, you and I would be having a very different conversation, and I don't think you'd dislike my side of it nearly so much.

There's a huge difference between "the most hated person in Groupname has, through long-laid plans and dark machinations, taken it over" and "the most hated person in Groupname took it over specifically for the purpose of destroying it, and wrecked everything before anyone had the chance to stop him."

It seems to me like far too many people are acting like the latter has happened, when in actuality, it's the former.

Yes, Jonsu could destroy SA. But she hasn't. Hell, Enoch could have just destroyed SA himself by demoting all the elder priests! But he didn't do that, either.

Taking power, then kicking out the people likely to be a threat to you, is a perfectly sensible IC thing to do.
Taking power, then kicking out everyone and pouring gasoline on the whole thing, then tossing a match behind you as you walk away, is griefing.

But that's not what happened here, now, is it?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan