Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1036243 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3735: February 07, 2014, 07:46:29 AM »
pcw27, I have two questions for you:

Why do you keep arguing about this? What do you want to have happen as a result of your arguing?

Why are you singling me out? Other people are still arguing too.

I suppose the most important thing is I want the dev team to acknowledge that the mechanics for religions need work so this sort of takeover is more difficult and the other members of the religion have some way to fight back. Some have agreed to this point and claim they're working on it but others don't seem convinced.

Of course you do, all leave the religion at the very simplest. At the more complex you refound it. Palatable options, perhaps not. Options for recourse yes indeed they are.

That's not much of a recourse and it shouldn't be necessary. There's no reason one person should be able to control all the temples of the religion if every single other noble of the church is in opposition to them.

Realms have a bunch of safe guards against this sort of mad ruler scenario and many ways to fight back. SA has become a larger institution then any realm the game's ever had. If religions have that kind of potential they need more checks and balances in their mechanics.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:58:39 AM by pcw27 »