Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016142 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3750: February 08, 2014, 05:42:02 AM »

If my memory is good,  then every temple would drop 1 level every day until there were no more temples and the religion would then cease to exist.   In Sanguis Astroism's case Springdale is the largest temple in the world.   Level 11.    At the point that SA had zero elder priests there would be an 11 day countdown to the destruction of SA.   1 Temple level every day until there are no more temples and then its game over. 

That could be stopped at any point that there is a priest promoted to the Elders. 

Can anyone confirm that?

Sounds like an easy way to prevent griefing would be to make a single elder who's not a priest auto demote out of the elder rank forcing the promotion of a priest.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751: February 08, 2014, 05:47:46 AM »
Sounds like an easy way to prevent griefing would be to make a single elder who's not a priest auto demote out of the elder rank forcing the promotion of a priest.

I'm not a coder.  I have no idea how easy or hard that is to code.   What I do know is that there is already at least a few things on the list to do.  Already on that list is a revamp to religions.  I feel confident to say that when religions are revamped that things of this nature will get looked into. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752: February 08, 2014, 06:32:25 AM »

If my memory is good,  then every temple would drop 1 level every day until there were no more temples and the religion would then cease to exist.   In Sanguis Astroism's case Springdale is the largest temple in the world.   Level 11.    At the point that SA had zero elder priests there would be an 11 day countdown to the destruction of SA.   1 Temple level every day until there are no more temples and then its game over. 

That could be stopped at any point that there is a priest promoted to the Elders. 

Can anyone confirm that?
I can confirm it as I went through the process on Atamara, barely saving Evgenism.

I'm not a coder.  I have no idea how easy or hard that is to code.   What I do know is that there is already at least a few things on the list to do.  Already on that list is a revamp to religions.  I feel confident to say that when religions are revamped that things of this nature will get looked into. 
Thank you for positive attitude. Dev work is becoming more structured in working on a topic and improving that, thus it is likely that when any religious features are worked on there will be a variety of things looked at and implemented, although after the current event is over there is already something planned afterwards to be working on. It is possible for small features for religion to be coded before all of religion is worked on as small features are occasionally done by Vita when time allows and he is motivated.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #3753: February 10, 2014, 07:24:53 PM »
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having quite a lot of fun in all this. In fact, it's been a while since Battlemaster has been this fun for me. Thanks Stabbity!

Also, three guesses as to which character is mine.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754: February 11, 2014, 12:07:20 AM »
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having quite a lot of fun in all this. In fact, it's been a while since Battlemaster has been this fun for me. Thanks Stabbity!

Also, three guesses as to which character is mine.

I'm not. It's a stupid game and I don't care to follow it. The rare Jonsu supporters spout the same kind of crap that Jonsu does and which I have never enjoyed reading because of how exagerated it all is. However, it seems clear that hardly anyone supports Jonsu, and I await to see if Justin will act on his word of stepping down if he loses at his own minigame or if it was all just a lie to make the dick move pass better among a certain category of players and devs ("well it's not that bad, look, he's giving you a chance to regain control!").
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #3755: February 11, 2014, 12:25:10 AM »
Really? The same sort of crap? I like to believe that I have made it clear that my character is only supporting Jonsu because it happens to suit him, rather than any personal belief. Give him a reason to support someone else. Besides, a one sided dialogue in all of this would be rather boring.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756: February 11, 2014, 12:39:44 AM »
Really? The same sort of crap? I like to believe that I have made it clear that my character is only supporting Jonsu because it happens to suit him, rather than any personal belief. Give him a reason to support someone else. Besides, a one sided dialogue in all of this would be rather boring.

I skim through most of the stuff, especially when pro-Jonsu, but everyone else's as well. I have had absolutely no fun interacting with Jonsu in the past. I find Jonsu to be a distasteful character that procures me no enjoyment whatsoever. The character is more of a griefer than a villain.

Who are you, Amyclas's player? The last letter basically reads as "Salvation! Repent! Glory!" Is that supposed to convince anyone? There's no conversation to be had. That's a monologue without content. It's pure extremism. There's no point in trying to argue with people that will never be swayed and that will never yield a rational or otherwise interesting response. It just encourages them to repeat the same hollow things they already said.

Some people may enjoy it, I do not. I enjoy most of my character's enemies, but characters like Jonsu provide me no amusement of any kind.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #3757: February 11, 2014, 12:55:31 AM »
I skim through most of the stuff, especially when pro-Jonsu, but everyone else's as well. I have had absolutely no fun interacting with Jonsu in the past. I find Jonsu to be a distasteful character that procures me no enjoyment whatsoever. The character is more of a griefer than a villain.

Who are you, Amyclas's player? The last letter basically reads as "Salvation! Repent! Glory!" Is that supposed to convince anyone? There's no conversation to be had. That's a monologue without content. It's pure extremism. There's no point in trying to argue with people that will never be swayed and that will never yield a rational or otherwise interesting response. It just encourages them to repeat the same hollow things they already said.

Some people may enjoy it, I do not. I enjoy most of my character's enemies, but characters like Jonsu provide me no amusement of any kind.

Uhm... no. My character is Dusolf.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758: February 11, 2014, 01:01:55 AM »
I expected more Jonsu supporters and claimants of 'second prophet'. If no characters take the opportunity, I'll have to rethink my playstyle a bit. What will happen if Helm is unanimously supported as Regent to reinstate the charter?
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #3759: February 11, 2014, 01:21:10 AM »
I expected more Jonsu supporters and claimants of 'second prophet'. If no characters take the opportunity, I'll have to rethink my playstyle a bit. What will happen if Helm is unanimously supported as Regent to reinstate the charter?

He isn't. My character isn't supporting him and has been outspoken about it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760: February 11, 2014, 01:54:46 AM »
What will happen if Helm is unanimously supported as Regent to reinstate the charter?
Then people will get back to playing the way they want to play. The fact that it should surprise you that no one wants Jonsu is, frankly, astonishing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761: February 11, 2014, 02:13:00 AM »
Then people will get back to playing the way they want to play. The fact that it should surprise you that no one wants Jonsu is, frankly, astonishing.

With Niselur and Farronite/Asylon (not to mention a waning Astrum) in the West, I figured some would look to reshape the church. If even those who actively fought against the theocracies aren't interested in a coup, then I've misunderstood this game. Hell, we already have 4 figures posturing for power.  Jonsu, Alaster, Seoras, and Helm are all trying to gain traction....so far under 40% have voiced their decision.

I'm sure many are waiting to see what happens (as casual interest seemed the dominant trait in SA), but I do admit that early Helm/Charter support indicates many things.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762: February 11, 2014, 02:14:14 AM »
Alaster isn't trying to gain support.   He wanted Helm as Regent and he is supporting his candidate.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763: February 11, 2014, 02:35:31 AM »
I think you completely missed the boat on what a lot of the fighting was about. Even those fighting against the theocracies realize that Jonsu wad a nutcase, and would be absolutely horrible to have in power. They didn't want to destroy the church, they wanted to assert their individual rights sovereign realms. That is a huge difference from destroying the church.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764: February 11, 2014, 02:49:25 AM »
Henrich certainly don't want to see Jonsu in Asylon again. He was against when Jonsu was there, but the King asked him to forget about it. Now, a traitor is a traitor. Nobody likes usurpers.

Indeed, Asylon don't want to see SA destroyed. We just want to keep our sovereignty. But now that SA is a circus, let the clowns play until everything explodes into flames.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!