Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1032152 times)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3795: February 16, 2014, 03:48:00 AM »
IF he had been open about his dissent this whole time, or IF he was trying to push for a variant of SA as opposed to dedicated to undermining it, then yea, perhaps he could have had sway among those who converted. But that wasn't the case.

I had Enoch work from Mimer to Flowrestown, exploring the priest-class and the temple treasuries. I think I left SA debt even, but some treasuries may be more full than others. More relevant, he preached up and down the area with diligence.

I recall some other priests in the area, a few from Corsanctum and one other from Swordfell I think. Most people were focused on the northwest, though, far far away. Enoch had been a priest/diplomat for a while (which built on nicely with some previous oratory training), mixed with the Regency and focus on the region, I figured he'd have some pull.

It was funny, I tried to persecute heretics in Shyussei not long ago (where there were no Torenists), and it whipped up a mob that killed dozens of my own followers. I'd like to think that Enoch can spin a good yarn. He even admitted doing it to the other priests, cautioning 'further use'. Enoch didn't voice dissent, or question the elder council. He announced the new prophet. It all still looks perfectly pious, if you ignore who he announced.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)